[SOLVED] What is wrong with my system?

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020
Hello, I am asking for help with diagnosing a system that a friend gave me. It has a I5 7400 in it and using the integrated graphics, or a spare hd 7470 I have does not get a display. Another thing is when the gpu is not installed it makes a loud screech or hum noise, that comes directly from the motherboard. I'm guessing it's rather the cpu or mobo but I could be wrong. I can provide photos if it would help any. Thanks!

Solution
Hello, I am asking for help with diagnosing a system that a friend gave me. It has a I5 7400 in it and using the integrated graphics, or a spare hd 7470 I have does not get a display. Another thing is when the gpu is not installed it makes a loud screech or hum noise, that comes directly from the motherboard. I'm guessing it's rather the cpu or mobo but I could be wrong. I can provide photos if it would help any. Thanks!
Sounds like when my mobo died several years back may need a new one, but before tossing it let's test a few thing.

With the GPU removed and a single stick of ram in dimm a1 slot closest to the cpu,
Remove psu and the lithium battery from the mobo then hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s then reseat...
Sounds like when my mobo died several years back may need a new one, but before tossing it let's test a few thing.

With the GPU removed and a single stick of ram in dimm a1 slot closest to the cpu,
Remove psu and the lithium battery from the mobo then hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s then reseat the lithium battery and psu cable the boot system

Solution

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020

Remove psu and the lithium battery from the mobo then hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s then reseat the lithium battery and psu cable the boot system
Do you mean the CMOS? And also how do I take that battery out