Discussion what is your favorite milk flavor?

Dec 1, 2019
mine is chocolate, im drinking it right now so i had the idea to post this. Sorry if i mispelled something my main language is spanish.

hanotaink

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
If I had to choose any type of milk then, flavor wise, vegan almond coconut milk is the way to go. I'm not vegan btw, but I've heard that dairy is not as good as most people believe.

Milk has a flavor? Maybe goat mild, or almond milk or cow milk, but I haven't met a cow that dispenses chocolate mild. The chocolate is an additive. So the real answer is cow milk with chocolate added.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
chocolate milk all the time.
I make my own syrup that is how much I drink chocolate milk. I prefer dark cocoa powder for my syrup.

I have taken to adding a little instant coffee powder in the chocolate milk. delish.
I've been relying on Hershey's Dark chocolate syrup, though I don't drink milk much.

What's your formula (sans coffee) for the syrup you make?

I usually bury my milk in the woods for a few months to pick up that fresh outdoor flavor. You need to bury it or someone might steal it though. One time I caught a woodsman drinking my milk, like it was his own! I asked "Where did you get that milk?" and he pretended like he didn't hear me, just set the milk down and wandered into the thicket. He didn't even close the container and bees were starting to get in, so I had to drink the rest of it right there. I had to buy more milk, making for a very expensive lesson, so I always make sure to bury my milk now.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I've been relying on Hershey's Dark chocolate syrup, though I don't drink milk much.

What's your formula (sans coffee) for the syrup you make?

assuming 1 part is 1 cup
1 part cocoa powder, dark or regular your choice.
1.5 parts water
1.5 parts sugar
pinch of salt (extrapolate more for larger parts)
1 t vanilla extract at the end (extrapolate more for larger parts)

mix sugar and cocoa powder and salt together dry first in a cool pan it just helps. add the water and turn on heat. stir/whisk constantly on medium/low to medium heat. stir, stir stir, until it barely starts to simmer and change color - darkening and thickening. DO NOT BOIL. hold the barely simmering for a couple minutes, this is where experience is key. if you do not cook enough it will be grainy, too much it will be too thick and could burn. you know your stove. if you think your done, remove from heat and try it off the back of a spoon, grainy? return to heat for a minute and try again. add the vanilla when the cooking is done. I store it in a glass juice jar

I use the carton that the cocoa powder comes in as a part.
so one carton cocoa powder, 1.5 cartons water, etc. I think a carton is 2.5 cups, the one I use anyway so 2.5 pinches of salt and I like vanilla so I round up to a Tablespoon. I usually get around 46-48 OZ from a whole carton.
which reminds me I need to make some more. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V