Question What kinds of ssds are compatible with my laptop?

Aug 22, 2019
Currently I have a hdd in my laptop which is performing too slow. I want to buy a new one but I have one concern.

The hdd in my laptop does not even have a sata power connector. Pretty much all hdds I can find have a power connector next to the data connectors. I'm just very unsure whether the hdds I find online are compatible with my laptop. As in if they can even run without the power connector.

Help would be much appreciated, because framedrops in games due to the 70 MB/s data rate of my current hdd are rather unpleasant.

Extra info:

On my current hdd it says: "5V 700mA DC"

Aug 22, 2019
Yep...;)
The 2 SATA connectors in the last pic are just like every other drive, including SATA III SSD's.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH darn I am so dumb :C
I am still incredibly thankful for your help!

I am very aware that you are not going to believe me, but I am actually quite educated in terms of hardware etc.

Due to multiple reasons I have never actually BUILT a PC for myself, but rather only picked the parts for my friends and family. That contributes to the reason I do not know the anatomy of a SATA drive hehe.

Aug 22, 2019
Aug 22, 2019
Yes, if you want to stay with a spinning drive, that Seagate is of reasonable reliability and speed.
(If you like watching paint dry compared to an SSD)

But yes, that Seagate drive will work.

Yes, yes, yes, but 120MB/s+ read is enough for games not to stutter. I know that loading times will not be great, but it will of great certainty not bottleneck my system anymore.