Question What mobo do you guys recommend for a 3400g?

Boogyman

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
planning to build a budget gaming pc with a 3400g but im so confused on what motherboard to get. i just want what is enough for the processor. im not planning on upgrading or overclocking not even planning on getting a video card. just raw apu is fine with me.

im planning on getting the msi b450m bazooka plus since it is within my price range but i read somewhere that msi is behind on bios updates. so it led me to choose gigabyte instead because i read that their os updates are up to date. but i also read somewhere that gigabyte b450 boards dont have good mosfet cooling.
so confusing. i also read somewhere that a320s are enough but it does not support faster ram speeds which is what i need to fully utilize the 3400g.
pls help

Boogyman

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
Look for an msi b450m gaming plus. Even if the bios version is incompatable, it can have its bios updated without the need for a compatable cpu.

The b450m gaming plus can certainly power a 3400g.

Dont go a320 for 3rd gen.
yes i know about that i need to update the bios before using a 3rd gen ryzen and since i dont have a past ryzen cpu i need to get a mobo that can update without a cpu.

but im talking about the latest updates for more optimization for 3rd gen ryzens. they said that msi is behind on that.

I believe even though the Ryzen 3000 APUs are technically 2nd gen, BIOS support comes much later than non-APU 2nd gen Ryzens. There's a possibility that your MoBo isn't going to come with updated BIOS. But how can I tell? You are probably going to have the same risks buying other brands as there's no guarantee.

However, you can use the "Flash BIOS button" available on most MSI B450 boards. It will let you update the BIOS without having to use another CPU. I know that the MORTAR and the GAMING board has it. Not sure about Bazooka.

Boogyman

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
I believe even though the Ryzen 3000 APUs are technically 2nd gen, BIOS support comes much later than non-APU 2nd gen Ryzens. There's a possibility that your MoBo isn't going to come with updated BIOS. But how can I tell? You are probably going to have the same risks buying other brands as there's no guarantee.

However, you can use the "Flash BIOS button" available on most MSI B450 boards. It will let you update the BIOS without having to use another CPU. I know that the MORTAR and the GAMING board has it. Not sure about Bazooka.

i just saw msi b450 boards with "max" on the end like a mortar max, tomahawk max, and a gaming plus max and i think these boards are 3rd gen ryzen ready. usable without bios update. this boards is already available on the market where i live and i think ill just get one of those instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...300-series-max-motherboards-now-available?amp
this is the link where i knew about the max i know this article was already about a month old but i just knew about max when i saw one being sold on my area.