What Motherboard is suitable for AMD Processors ?

endyen

Splendid
And I'm waiting for the Abit AT8. I think that we like to OC, since that is what the Ati chipset does best. Then again maybe we are just cheap, since those boards dont cost the moon.

RichPLS

Champion
I recieved this email from a distributer of Abit boards when I inquired as to when they would get the ABIT AT8 in stock...since I was considering it at the time...

Hi, Richard,

We experienced high failure rate on Abit AT8 motherboards with our previous batch. We decided not to carry this product at this moment. We will re-evaluate the motherboard when the current batch from our distributors' warehouse run out.

Thank you very much.

Hardware Technician

So after that, I decided on the Asus A8R-MVP instead...
plus, AnandTech gave it a stunning review.

endyen

Splendid
That seems a little strange since AFAIK abit has not begun shipping them yet. The last I heard was a january availability to North America. Do you know of anyone who has them in stock?

the_guru

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
That seems a little strange since AFAIK abit has not begun shipping them yet. The last I heard was a january availability to North America. Do you know of anyone who has them in stock?
I heard Abit had some serious problem with their economy.

endyen

Splendid
I heard Abit had some serious problem with their economy
True, banks dont like lending them money, because they are too honest. They lost thier shirt over the bad cap scam, while most other mobo makers invoked reasonable denyability.
Going to the wall for your customers may not make a lot of friends @ the banks, but it earns my respect. Well that and the fact that I've always been very happy with thier product.