Question What mouse and headset should I choose for my next upgrade??

AristosT

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2015
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask for your opinion on my next upgrade. I currently have the Creative SXFI Gamer Over Ear Gaming Headset as my headset and the Logitech G502 Hero RGB as my mouse.

I have them for at least 3 years now, and I'm looking to upgrade them, although they still work fine except some minor faults ( after 2-2.5 years the left-click very rarely doesn't register on mouse, and the sxfi software is pretty bad in general and it disconnects my profile pretty much everyday etc.).

Question 1: Should I wait for at least one of them to completely stop working and upgrade then, or should I just upgrade right now because I really want to and afford to do so?

Question 2: If I decide to upgrade both, these are the ones that caught my eye.

For the headset:
1) Astro A30 Wireless 2) Razer BlackShark V2 Pro 2023 Wireless 3) SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Over Ear Gaming Headset USB 4) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless Over Ear Gaming Headset
For the mouse:
1) Logitech G502 X Plus Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse 25600 DPI 2) Razer Basilisk V3 Pro Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse 30000 DPI 3) Razer Deathadder V3 Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse 30000

I would love to hear your thoughts on my picks and if you have something else to recommend, you are more than welcome to do so!

For the record, I use my mouse and headset pretty much every single day for more than 4-5 hours and I wear glasses and have bigger than average hands, although not very big or huge. I also get sweaty pretty easily (this has to do with the headset obviously). Also I use my PC for gaming (not competitive), movies and music, so mostly for entertainment and media purposes. As for the headset, being compatible with a PS4/PS5 and phone is acceptable, although not necessary. My budget for each peripheral separately is 180-230 euros although if something is really worth it I might be able to increase my budget. My keyboard is a SteelSeries Apex Pro Gaming RGB, if that matters at all. If I forgot to mention something, please let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance!!

BlasphemousMusic

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask for your opinion on my next upgrade. I currently have the Creative SXFI Gamer Over Ear Gaming Headset as my headset and the Logitech G502 Hero RGB as my mouse.

I have them for at least 3 years now, and I'm looking to upgrade them, although they still work fine except some minor faults ( after 2-2.5 years the left-click very rarely doesn't register on mouse, and the sxfi software is pretty bad in general and it disconnects my profile pretty much everyday etc.).

Question 1: Should I wait for at least one of them to completely stop working and upgrade then, or should I just upgrade right now because I really want to and afford to do so?

Question 2: If I decide to upgrade both, these are the ones that caught my eye.

For the headset:
1) Astro A30 Wireless 2) Razer BlackShark V2 Pro 2023 Wireless 3) SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Over Ear Gaming Headset USB 4) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless Over Ear Gaming Headset
For the mouse:
1) Logitech G502 X Plus Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse 25600 DPI 2) Razer Basilisk V3 Pro Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse 30000 DPI 3) Razer Deathadder V3 Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse 30000

I would love to hear your thoughts on my picks and if you have something else to recommend, you are more than welcome to do so!

For the record, I use my mouse and headset pretty much every single day for more than 4-5 hours and I wear glasses and have bigger than average hands, although not very big or huge. I also get sweaty pretty easily (this has to do with the headset obviously). Also I use my PC for gaming (not competitive), movies and music, so mostly for entertainment and media purposes. As for the headset, being compatible with a PS4/PS5 and phone is acceptable, although not necessary. My budget for each peripheral separately is 180-230 euros although if something is really worth it I might be able to increase my budget. My keyboard is a SteelSeries Apex Pro Gaming RGB, if that matters at all. If I forgot to mention something, please let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance!!
Im in the same boat currently, minus the mouse. Ive been scouring the net and YT for reviews on headsets and am stuck with a few. Blackshark v2, logitech g x pro 2. Ive seen many reviewers saying the Audeze Maxwell is the king now, for me its a little out of my budget. I do know the could alpha is still highly rated and has a battery life of 300 hours, yes, 300. I guess it comes down to budget and features.

Reactions: AristosT