nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Hello everyone, i'm that type of guy who likes White Themes for their PC's but when I first built this system I didn't really think of a theme and just wanted a Gaming PC. I currently don't really like the look of the full black on the P350x. I was thinking of painting the P350x to look Black and White, painting the Front Panel, PCI Slots, Dust filters. I've never painted computer cases nor parts, what type of pain should I use? Plasti-Dip, actual paint?

Meanwhile, this will be the wrong question in the wrong section but what paint should I also use to paint my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4 GB?

Solution
depends on the material you are covering. plastics should use a plastic specific paint.
not an endorsement for any specific paint but the process will be the same regardless of the paint chosen.

metals can be taken down to bare metal or if the paint is good can be lightly sanded to give the new paint a tooth* to stick to. you could also use TriSodium Phosphate (available at hardware store paint department) as directed to remove the gloss on the current paint and give it a tooth. after the surface is prepared cleaned and dried apply spray paint. general spray paint in the proper color can be used for the metal portions of the case. flat gloss of matte...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
depends on the material you are covering. plastics should use a plastic specific paint.
not an endorsement for any specific paint but the process will be the same regardless of the paint chosen.

metals can be taken down to bare metal or if the paint is good can be lightly sanded to give the new paint a tooth* to stick to. you could also use TriSodium Phosphate (available at hardware store paint department) as directed to remove the gloss on the current paint and give it a tooth. after the surface is prepared cleaned and dried apply spray paint. general spray paint in the proper color can be used for the metal portions of the case. flat gloss of matte its up to you.

match the colors for each type of paint and remove any switches and LEDSs before painting ofc.

do not paint the card. remove the cooler shell and paint that. again depending on the material.

*tooth refers to a roughened surface that the new paint can stick and adhere well to. glossy surfaces have a poor tooth. sanded and cleaned paint has a better tooth than glossy finishes.

Solution