Question What program/website can I use to see if my new laptop is performing like it should with its expensive specs?

tacokillafattyboy

Prominent
May 6, 2018
Hello!

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 7590 and replaced the included SSD, RAM, WiFi chip, and re-pasted with Arctic Silver thermal paste since many who have purchased or know about the XPS 15 knows that the thermals aren't that great so that was me trying to remedy it. However I do not know how to see if everything in the PC is performing as good as they should. I spent a pretty penny for this laptop and I really hope nothing is throttling its efficiency.

Is there any software/ or website that I can go to where it gives me a full rundown of how my PC is performing? I am familiar with Userbench but was told that it is mostly not always accurate and should not trust the readings that I get from it.

Also I feel that my thermals are still a bit bad but part of this could be an error created by myself as I may or may not have bent the heatsink a very small bit when removing it to apply new thermal paste :[

My specs are:

i7-9750H
32GB of Kingston RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
Sabrent 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280
Intel Wireless-Ac 9260 WiFi chip

Thank you for all who reply!

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
cinebench and geekbench. I use these to test the stability of my overclock and compare before and after OC results.
CPUz has a rudimentary benchmarking suite
userbenchmarks is a for the general idea kind of test. I suggest three runs over an hour or two and averaging the results gives a good idea.

TRENDING THREADS