Boz

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2001
Hi

I have 4 hdd 2 cd-roms, and now i´m gonna buy a GF6800GT. What kind of PSU do i need ???

My PC A7N8X-DLX 2200+ 512ram.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd get the Fortron Source or Sparkle Power 530W power supply.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Boz

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2001
But is 530w realy necessary ???

I have looked at Chieftec PS II 420 Watt which is cheap but will it do the job ??? else i will buy Antec True Power 480W ATX which i know will do the job!!! but if Chieftec PS II 420 Watt is good enogh i rather buy that since its ½ price. well.................?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The FSP530 is cheaper than the TP480 and a better unit overall.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Boz

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2001
Well !!!! [-peep-] Fortron Source doesnt exist where i live! OK!!! Now someone pls answer my question.

Is Chieftec PS II 420 Watt good enough or do i need True power ?

RichPLS

Champion
Yes, chieftek will work, but True480 is much better...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
It will give stable power, allow for upgrades, be dependable and not a question of suspicious crashes.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>