[SOLVED] What to upgrade next? - Advice needed.

pc12312345123

Reputable
Dec 19, 2017
Hello everyone, as the title suggests, I'm looking to upgrade my pc which currently consists of:

GPU: 1050ti 4gb
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard: AB350 Pro4
Ram: 2x4GB ddr4 2400mhz
PSU: Huntkey GS 600W
Storage: 1TB HDD

My upgrade budget is around $400 AUD and I primarily use my PC for gaming but I also require it for a lot of research which includes standard Microsoft apps and lots of google chrome tabs. Right now I think I should probably get an SSD because the loading times for pretty much everything is a very big hassle, but any other recommendations are appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Hello everyone, as the title suggests, I'm looking to upgrade my pc which currently consists of:

My upgrade budget is around $400 AUD and I primarily use my PC for gaming but I also require it for a lot of research which includes standard Microsoft apps and lots of google chrome tabs. Right now I think I should probably get an SSD because the loading times for pretty much everything is a very big hassle, but any other recommendations are appreciated, thanks!
What were you waiting for to get an SSD ? Prices for SSDs are all time low and I wouldn't bet on them getting any cheaper. Even cheapest ones are at...

Get the proper bios and mobo drivers.
Don't run unneeded background stuff.
What does your ram usage look like when your running your stuff are you bumping up near the top?
Yes adding a ssd would be a plus.

What were you waiting for to get an SSD ? Prices for SSDs are all time low and I wouldn't bet on them getting any cheaper. Even cheapest ones are at least 400% improvement over HDDs. At least 340/250GB should be enough for OS and most important programs and you can still keep HDD for storage.
According to your workload, you would be best off with CPU as next upgrade. Don't know about prices "Down under" but R5 3600(x) should also be at it's cheapest by now and would be some 100% better than 1200. and I would take it as a minimum upgrade. As an alternative, R7 3700x or R5 5600x should be in same price bracket providing even better boost.

Solution
My thought would first getting an SSD, that will be a very noticeable improvement. Next would be RAM, 8gb is just the bare minimum and if you want multiple browser tabs and apps running it should help responsiveness.

After that (not in current budget). Would be a psu upgrade to something better quality before doing any more fundamental upgrade to cpu/motherboard/gpu.