Question What to upgrade next?

Mar 15, 2019
I am a casual gamer have recently been playing a lot of Forza horizon 4 and the experience is good but the picture does jutter from time to time at high settings . I am looking to make an upgrade (CPU or RAM?) to change this but I really don’t know where to start, as my GPU is fairly new.

Parts list so far:
  • intel i5 4460 3.2Ghz Quad-Core
  • cooler master liquidpro 280 64.21 CFM liquid CPU cooler
  • MSI Z97 PC Mate ATX LGA 1150
  • Corsair vengence pro 16GB (2x8gb) DDR3-1600
  • Samsung 860 Evo 500gb SSD
-MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
- 550w gold rated corsair PSU

Any recommendations would be great. I’m thinking CPU but unsure if i will need a new motherboard for this? A few of my parts are way overkill i know (such as cpu cooler)

Budget £200-£300 can go more if a massive difference and happy to sell old parts.

If you could also tel me how the new part will help i’ll appreciate this as well

Mar 15, 2019
Does your FPS stay fairly consistent?

If so you may not need to spend much. I had steady FPS on my games but was experiencing some jutter so I changed from a HDMI cable to Displayport which fixed it.

Hi Wildcard

FPS is stable and i use DisplayPort - although not tested it on Forza

Was thinking the upgrade from i5 to the i7 of same generation - do you think this would help?

WildCard999

Titan
Hi Wildcard

FPS is stable and i use DisplayPort - although not tested it on Forza

Was thinking the upgrade from i5 to the i7 of same generation - do you think this would help?
Going from the i5 to a i7 may help but it is quite old so you'd be better off going with a newer AMD Ryzen or Intel (preferably Ryzen price to performance).

What refresh rate is your monitor?

Freesync?

Have you tried vsync? Is it better or worse with it on?