Question What voltage should I use to overclock my ryzen 7 2700 with stock cooler?

Jim_8_

Honorable
Dec 28, 2015
Ok so I just got my ryzen 7 2700 with the Gigabyte B450m S2H motherboard. I stress tested the cpu and for some reason the voltage which is on auto goes around 1.0 to 1.09 volt which seems pretty low. I try to overclock the cpu to 3.6 ghz and after I booted on windows 10 and opened chrome my monitor showed no signal which i guess is from the cpu being undervolted. I wanted to know what is the best voltage to set my cpu in order to overclock it ? also using stock cooler.

Ok so I just got my ryzen 7 2700 with the Gigabyte B450m S2H motherboard. I stress tested the cpu and for some reason the voltage which is on auto goes around 1.0 to 1.09 volt which seems pretty low. I try to overclock the cpu to 3.6 ghz and after I booted on windows 10 and opened chrome my monitor showed no signal which i guess is from the cpu being undervolted. I wanted to know what is the best voltage to set my cpu in order to overclock it ? also using stock cooler.
I doubt you'd get over 1.25-1.3v with OEM cooler, why bother OCing to 3.6GHz when it can boost to 4.1GHz on one core and at least 3.6 on the rest of them ?

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

The Gigabyte B450m S2H board is known to have a weak vrm so I wouldn't push it too hard...especially on the stock cooler. I would recommend a solid aftermarket cooler and direct airflow on the vrm before overclocking on that board.

TRENDING THREADS