[SOLVED] What wire should I use to be able to run 165hz with this monitor and this gpu

Solution
As said DP versions from the port side is backwards compatible and can use either HBR2 or 3 cable all the same. Similar to high speed and ultra high speed Hdmi cables, the plug is still the same but performing characteristics is different and can still use either cable with any hdmi device regardless of version. Cable versions make it easier to identify what the cable is capable of doing and HBR2 (DP 1.2) is perfectly capable of doing 1440p 165Hz. DP 1.4 (HBR3) up's that to 240Hz.

I run 1080Ti DP 1.4 to Acer XB270HU DP 1.2 HBR2 cable provided just fine.

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
Oh so will 1.2 fit in a 1.4 port?
DP 1.4 and 1.2 cables are same. The only thing that changed is he output chipset. You should be able to connect the display port cable to your monitor and run the monitor at desired Refresh Rates. But please buy a DP cable with 20th pin disabled since the 20th pin was responsible for many monitors and GPUs getting shorted due to it carrying voltage that caused shorting.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
As said DP versions from the port side is backwards compatible and can use either HBR2 or 3 cable all the same. Similar to high speed and ultra high speed Hdmi cables, the plug is still the same but performing characteristics is different and can still use either cable with any hdmi device regardless of version. Cable versions make it easier to identify what the cable is capable of doing and HBR2 (DP 1.2) is perfectly capable of doing 1440p 165Hz. DP 1.4 (HBR3) up's that to 240Hz.

I run 1080Ti DP 1.4 to Acer XB270HU DP 1.2 HBR2 cable provided just fine.

Last edited:
Solution