[SOLVED] What would be a fitting GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legis

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019
So basically I have a 500 Watts psu and it has 1 6-pin and no 8 pins..
Right now I am using the Gt 630 graphics card which is... just bad....
I am looking for a budget graphics card that my psu can handle, please help.
I was thinking about 650 TI .This is my first post and a few first minutes on this account, I am new to this site, please understand if I messed something up.

I am from Lithuania so just import fees would cost up to like 20 euro so amazon or ebay wouldn't really work..

I used https://www.skelbiu.lt/skelbimai/ko.../stacionariems-kompiuteriams/vaizdo-plokstes/
to look for used gpus. ( I think you can use google translate to translate those pages for you )

I have a bad bad MoBo: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H61M-S1-rev-20#ov

and i have intel i3 3.3Ghz

my MoBo can only support ddr3 ram and only has 2 slots ( up to 16gb ram total ) I currently have 4gb ram and gonna upgrade that too

Solution
This doesn't sound like an especially new computer, so I'm not sure a power supply upgrade would be worth bothering with unless you were getting a card that required a fair amount of power, especially if there's a limited budget for the upgrade.

Around how much were you considering spending? A somewhat newer card like a GTX 950, 1050, 1050 Ti or 1650 would be considerably faster than a 650 Ti, while drawing less power.
This doesn't sound like an especially new computer, so I'm not sure a power supply upgrade would be worth bothering with unless you were getting a card that required a fair amount of power, especially if there's a limited budget for the upgrade.

Around how much were you considering spending? A somewhat newer card like a GTX 950, 1050, 1050 Ti or 1650 would be considerably faster than a 650 Ti, while drawing less power.

Solution
May 27, 2020
I don't want to create a new topic, maybe someone will answer here :) I'm looking for a video card for games, but I'm not very knowledgeable in this area and I get lost. Friends recommended me to buy GeForce RTX. Maybe someone is using this option and can give me advise?

DSzymborski

Titan
I don't want to create a new topic, maybe someone will answer here :) I'm looking for a video card for games, but I'm not very knowledgeable in this area and I get lost. Friends recommended me to buy GeForce RTX. Maybe someone is using this option and can give me advise?

The proper action is to create a new topic, not randomly jump into some random thread from a year ago.

In your thread, outline your current hardware, including exact power supply, your budget, the games you want to play, your monitor resolution, and your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS