[SOLVED] What would be a good update for my current system 1660ti or 1660?

Jazzyblackx

Honorable
Sep 11, 2014
So around 2015, this community helped me build my first gaming pc and now it needs upgrading. Hoping for some advice. So, the current specs are as follow:-

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB
1 TB HDD
500 W Coolermaster Bronze(?maybe, I'll have to check)
Monitor Name: LG IPSFULLHD(HDMI)

I would say that the 960 has seen better days, so I am looking to upgrade it. So I have the budget for a 1660ti, but 1660 also seems fine. I am a bit confused. I am not looking to upgrade to 1440p display at the moment. So, please can anyone of you advice me on which would be better. And also I was thinking about the RTX 2060, it is out of budget for now but I would like to know would it be better than these two according to my requirements.

ps - I am from India so please recommend the cards from amazon.in

Oh, and as far as which specific model to get, get the cheapest non-reference style card. The chips inside are made by Nvidia, the only thing you are paying more for is factory overclock and cooling. As long as you get an open air style cooler (2 or more fans) the cooling will be fine. The factory overclock can be achieved with a few minutes at home. So dont pay more for something that you dont have too.

It depends on the games you'll be playing. If you plan to play the latest triple A titles, that processor won't meet minimum system requirements. If that is the case, i'd use that money and purchase a 6 core/12 thread R5 cpu/motherboard/memory combo. If you are playing less demanding esports titles, you'd be better of saving money and purchasing a RX 570 8gb and start to save for a new cpu motherboard memory combo. That processor won't be able to place the gtx 1660 under full load via the latest triple A titles because minimum system requirements won't be met.

Jazzyblackx

Honorable
Sep 11, 2014
It depends on the games you'll be playing. If you plan to play the latest triple A titles, that processor won't meet minimum system requirements. If that is the case, i'd use that money and purchase a 6 core/12 thread R5 cpu/motherboard/memory combo. If you are playing less demanding esports titles, you'd be better of saving money and purchasing a RX 570 8gb and start to save for a new cpu motherboard memory combo. That processor won't be able to place the gtx 1660 under full load via the latest triple A titles because minimum system requirements won't be met.
I am planning to upgrade the CPU and motherboard at the end of the year. Would the bottleneck be so huge that it is not worth buying the card?