Question what would be better to use - HDMI or S/PDIF or USB

parsimonius

Commendable
Mar 19, 2021
My desktop pc, my sound bar and my TCL TV have ports for these. I don't know the advantages and disadvantes of using HDMI or S/PDIF or USB to connect the two. Is one tech better than the other? Why?

Mar 23, 2023
My desktop pc, my sound bar and my TCL TV have ports for these. I don't know the advantages and disadvantes of using HDMI or S/PDIF or USB to connect the two. Is one tech better than the other? Why?
Hello parsimonius!
Is there a audio receiver pushing audio in your environment, or is it solely media from PC to TV, then audio out from tv to soundbar?

parsimonius

Commendable
Mar 19, 2021
Hello parsimonius!
Is there a audio receiver pushing audio in your environment, or is it solely media from PC to TV, then audio out from tv to soundbar
Right now all audio is from the TV's built in speakers. Two cases - I watch TV and listen to it using the TV's built in speakers. Otherwise, I change the input source on the TV to a pc I use when not watchting TV. The pc is connected via HDMI cable to the TV. I'll watch something on the net on the pc and display it on the TV., I have s/w like MPC-HC (Media Player Classic) to listen to radio in the background while surfing the net. Again, the audio is played off of the TV's built in speakers.

Mar 23, 2023
Right now all audio is from the TV's built in speakers. Two cases - I watch TV and listen to it using the TV's built in speakers. Otherwise, I change the input source on the TV to a pc I use when not watchting TV. The pc is connected via HDMI cable to the TV. I'll watch something on the net on the pc and display it on the TV., I have s/w like MPC-HC (Media Player Classic) to listen to radio in the background while surfing the net. Again, the audio is played off of the TV's built in speakers.
The anemic TV speakers lead us to use the Soundbar? If yes, I would HDMI from computer to TV, then speaker-out from TV to Soundbar via S/PDIF (optical) cable.