[SOLVED] What would be the better build to go for?

Solution
I'd highly recommend going for Build 1 since the CPU is better and AMD RX 580 would run most games on highest settings. But for Nvidia Shadowplay, you will have to go with GTX 1660 ti though AMD has it's own utility similar to Shadowplay which is ReLive and it does the job plus both are hardware-accelerated encoders.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
I'd highly recommend going for Build 1 since the CPU is better and AMD RX 580 would run most games on highest settings. But for Nvidia Shadowplay, you will have to go with GTX 1660 ti though AMD has it's own utility similar to Shadowplay which is ReLive and it does the job plus both are hardware-accelerated encoders.

Solution

Mytic

Commendable
Oct 23, 2019
See i'm not too sure as apparently the ryzen 7 2700x obviously has more cores and is better for streaming but the fps difference between the ryzen 7 and the ryzen 5 2700x is apparently very small? And looking at reviews and comparisons the 1660 ti is better but not too sure, I'm looking to play quite demanding games such as rust.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
The difference is really unnoticeable FPS wise, around 5-6 fps increase for the 2700x but I don't think going for lower cores is a better call while you can aim for a better deal.
Here's why i picked Build 1. Mainly for the GPU which I'm currently using XFX RX580 8GB.
I play Rust too and I run on Fantastic Graphics 75-80 FPS on Vanilla high populated server while modded servers a bit less but gets me around the same 65-70 FPS. other games that I run +60 FPS so far are:
Mafia 3, Just Cause 3, Scum, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, House Flipper, State of decay 2 and more all on max settings except Watch Dogs 2 42-54 fps on max.
I have tried recording gameplay using Relive and it doesn't feel like giving you fps drops whatsoever and the temperature is decent 26c on idle and 50c-60c under load.
That's my personal opinion, It's your choice after all and I'm pretty sure GTX 1660 ti won't disappoint regarding FPS, overall it's more powerful and It could do better than RX580 depending on games.

Last edited:

Mytic

Commendable
Oct 23, 2019
The difference is really unnoticeable FPS wise, around 5-6 fps increase for the 2700x but I don't think going for lower cores is a better call while you can aim for a better deal.
Here's why i picked Build 1. Mainly for the GPU which I'm currently using XFX RX580 8GB.
I play Rust too and I run on Fantastic Graphics 75-80 FPS on Vanilla high populated server while modded servers a bit less but gets me around the same 65-70 FPS. other games that I run +60 FPS so far are:
Mafia 3, Just Cause 3, Scum, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, House Flipper, State of decay 2 and more all on max settings except Watch Dogs 2 42-54 fps on max.
I have tried recording gameplay using Relive and it doesn't feel like giving you fps drops whatsoever and the temperature is decent 26c on idle and 50c-60c under load.
That's my personal opinion, It's your choice after all and I'm pretty sure GTX 1660 ti won't disappoint regarding FPS, overall it's more powerful and It could do better than RX580 depending on games.
Yeah I'm mainly looking to getting back into rust, previously I was able to run it on an i3 and a GTX 950 but it loaded extremely slow. I'm looking for a pc that's gonna last me a while and I'm more usedto Nvidias applications and settings so might stick with that. I'm not really looking to stream if I was I'd probably get a 1660 instead of the ti and a ryzen 7. I'll see what difference id get with the ti and the normal version.