[SOLVED] What x570 motherboard do i need?

TheRickert

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
Hi all,

Im currently in the progress of upgrading my pc, i already got a rtx 3080 ready to go.

However i also want to upgrade my cpu to a ryzen 7 5800x with a x570 motherboard.

However i know absolutely nothing about motherboards :(
Can anyone give me any recommendation for a x570 motherboard for something under 200 euro's / dollars?

Thanks!

Solution
Just since i currently have the money to upgrade my system to make full use of the new ryzen 5000 series, no particular reason, just cause it is possible now
Just to let you know there are plenty of excellent B550 boards that will do the same while avoiding the nuisance of a chipset fan that comes with X570.

Check out Asus ROG Strix B550-A gaming or B550-F gaming for some pretty serious boards. Also MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk. These hold up to 3950X's in quiet comfort so even a 5950X should be just as smooth running.

Don't be dismayed by lack of PCIe gen4 to the chipset-fed slots as nothing really takes advantage of it anyway. Gen4 is available to the GPU and NVME though.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Hi all,

Im currently in the progress of upgrading my pc, i already got a rtx 3080 ready to go.

However i also want to upgrade my cpu to a ryzen 7 5800x with a x570 motherboard.

However i know absolutely nothing about motherboards :(
Can anyone give me any recommendation for a x570 motherboard for something under 200 euro's / dollars?

Thanks!
I have a gigabyte X570 UD motherboard which is the cheapest X570 which retails for 151USD, but you can go for Asus tuf X570-Plus Wifi motherboard, which goes for 161USD that one comes with good chipset cooling in budget. Similar one you can get from MSI also around 160 to 170 USD

Reactions: TheRickert

dimtodim

Reputable
I have a gigabyte X570 UD motherboard which is the cheapest X570 which retails for 151USD, but you can go for Asus tuf X570-Plus Wifi motherboard, which goes for 161USD that one comes with good chipset cooling in budget. Similar one you can get from MSI also around 160 to 170 USD
that mobo cost around 200e, but its great if u dont need wi fi and Bluetooth go for just plus version

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Whatever you do, do NOT consider any low to mid-tier MSi X570 motherboards... They have very poor power supply designs which cause the CPU to thermal throttle. I had the MSi X570 Gaming Pro Carbon and the board VRMs kept overheating. I ended up replacing it with an ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair Hero VIII which ran a whopping 60-70 C degrees cooler than the MSi...

Just since i currently have the money to upgrade my system to make full use of the new ryzen 5000 series, no particular reason, just cause it is possible now
Just to let you know there are plenty of excellent B550 boards that will do the same while avoiding the nuisance of a chipset fan that comes with X570.

Check out Asus ROG Strix B550-A gaming or B550-F gaming for some pretty serious boards. Also MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk. These hold up to 3950X's in quiet comfort so even a 5950X should be just as smooth running.

Don't be dismayed by lack of PCIe gen4 to the chipset-fed slots as nothing really takes advantage of it anyway. Gen4 is available to the GPU and NVME though.

Solution