Question What you guys think about my build? Any comment appreciated

Jul 25, 2024
Hey guys!

I am planning my new build. I am from Czech republic, so I am gonna buy everything at Alza (makes sense here, even though not quite cheap).
Could you please look at the parts list?

Utilization: 50/50 Work/Gaming.

Gaming - Microsoft Flight Simulator, Snowrunner + usually some AAA games. I have 2 monitors, primary is 3440x1440, secondary is 1440x2560 (for some ongoin info, work communicators, discord, chrome, etc.)

Work - Mostly ton of chrome tabs open using multiple profiles + some light editing (Adobe products mostly)

ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI - 265 $
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - 430 $
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 420 Black - 94 $
Be quiet! SHADOW BASE 800 - 158 $
Kingston FURY 64GB KIT DDR5 6000MT/s CL30 Beast Black EXPO (Product Number: KF560C30BBEK2-64) - 285 $
ADATA XPG CORE REACTOR II VE 850W - 120 $
Samsung 990 PRO 2TB - 208 $
Be quiet! Shadow Wings 2 140mm PWM (2x) - 37 $ (18.5 $ each)

All combined - 1.597 $

Now I have MSI Trio 3080, will keep it for now and look for a good deal for 4080/4080s. I will also keep Kingston KC3000 2 TB.

My priorities are in this particular order:
  1. Silence
  2. Temps
  3. Performance
I want PC for like 5 years without another upgrade (except GPU ofc).

What I am not sure about:
Memory - is it gonna work? I want 64 GB at 30-36-36-76 but this item is not in official support list with this motherboard. And I have also read some problems with this MB, CPU and 64 GB memories with these CL.
MB - would you recommend this one? Maybe this one should be enough? Its 198 $, almost 70 $ cheaper.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Lutfij

Titan
The parts listed out in your build above, apart from the RTX3080/KC3000 are spot on in terms of a build.

Memory: Has AMD's E.X.P.O on them;
https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KF560C30BBEK2-64.pdf
You're good to go!

Motherboard: I'd try and look for something cheaper in the B650 range, the Strix's/ROG board tend to carry a higher price tag, right? You could also go for an matx board and then shave some size from your build with an matx case while also looking at a 280mm/360mm AIO, my opinion though.

The X3d processors are optimized for running a single game where single thread performance is most important.
For generalized use, the underlying 7700x might be better.

You might consider a stronger psu so that it can loaf and be quieter and handle a future graphics upgrade.

For quiet, consider a noctua NH-d15 NH-D15s or the new NH-D15 g2.
You don't need exceptional cooling .

Jul 25, 2024
The X3d processors are optimized for running a single game where single thread performance is most important.
For generalized use, the underlying 7700x might be better.

You might consider a stronger psu so that it can loaf and be quieter and handle a future graphics upgrade.

For quiet, consider a noctua NH-d15 NH-D15s or the new NH-D15 g2.
You don't need exceptional cooling .
CPU - my work load is not that intensive for CPU, thought 7800x3D is perfectly fine and also great in gaming...

Cooler - I have seen some tests of like 50 air+liquid coolers. This cooler (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 420 Black) was among top 10 in temps and also top 3 in silence from all coolers. And as I said, silence is priority. Also Noctua air coolers are like more than 2x the price. :( Still should aim for Noctua?

Jul 25, 2024
The parts listed out in your build above, apart from the RTX3080/KC3000 are spot on in terms of a build.

Memory: Has AMD's E.X.P.O on them;
https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KF560C30BBEK2-64.pdf
You're good to go!

Motherboard: I'd try and look for something cheaper in the B650 range, the Strix's/ROG board tend to carry a higher price tag, right? You could also go for an matx board and then shave some size from your build with an matx case while also looking at a 280mm/360mm AIO, my opinion though.
thanks! will look at the matx

CPU - my work load is not that intensive for CPU, thought 7800x3D is perfectly fine and also great in gaming...

Cooler - I have seen some tests of like 50 air+liquid coolers. This cooler (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 420 Black) was among top 10 in temps and also top 3 in silence from all coolers. And as I said, silence is priority. Also Noctua air coolers are like more than 2x the price. :( Still should aim for Noctua?
Don't need that large AIO but if it fits the case. why not, it's one of best with great price. Given that even a 240 would do, with oversized cooling quiet operations is practically guaranteed. 3x140mm fans would probably work at minimum rpm and be whisper quiet. Even VRM fan can be speed adjusted if you use 3 in one cable. Pump is one of quietest on the market so you can run it 100% for great idle and low usage temps. Unique VRM fan can cut down on need for extra case fans. On top of it it handily beats best of air coolers.
Another good feature of liquid coolers is that radiator fans substitute as many of case fans, cutting down on their numbers as opposed for air coolers where you have to ad more for it to be effective.