Aug 7, 2024
I've just ordered the Asrock B650 Pro RS WiFi motherboard, a Ryzen 7800X3D CPU, and a pair of Crucial Pro 16GB DDR5 RAM sticks last week.

What’s the best BIOS version currently for my setup? Is the latest version fine?

Yes, I have an experience of completely bricking my PC a several years ago so I do have a pretty serious PTSD when it comes to BIOS updates.
Any help and advice will be appreciated.

PS. This is going to be my first AMD build because of what’s happening around Intel currently, so decided to completely overhaul my system before things go South.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered the 7800X3D, Asrock B650 pro rs wifi motherboard and a pair of Crucial pro 16GB DDR5 ram last week.
What’s the best BIOS version currently for my setup? Is the latest version fine?

Yes, I have an experience of completely bricking my PC a several years ago so I do have a pretty serious PTSD when it comes to BIOS updates.
Any help and advice will be appreciated.

PS. This is going to be my first AMD build bc of what’s happening around intel currently so decided to completely overhaul my system before things go South.
Latest BIOS 3.06 with AGESA 1200 of course. Another thing to watch out is Windows, with core scheduling at 7000x3D CPUs.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wdQpVcL_a4