Question Whats a good Radeon HD series GPU for 768/720P Gaming?

Oct 5, 2020
I have a 1366x768 Monitor and want to buy a cheap used graphics cards. GTX 600-700 Series cards are normally pretty expensive here even used probably because of the demand. I would like to know any good 768p graphics cards in the HD series

there's this HD 5870 / HD 6770 For $30 and there's HD 4850 and 5850 For $10. Which one should I get? The games that I would play will be RDR2 on medium settings

Any other graphics cards (Preferrably HD series) is open for suggestions

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I have a 1366x768 Monitor and want to buy a cheap used graphics cards. GTX 600-700 Series cards are normally pretty expensive here even used probably because of the demand. I would like to know any good 768p graphics cards in the HD series

there's this HD 5870 / HD 6770 For $30 and there's HD 4850 and 5850 For $10. Which one should I get? The games that I would play will be RDR2 on medium settings

Any other graphics cards (Preferrably HD series) is open for suggestions

For it's time, the 4850 was a beast of a card. I owned one that lasted several years before it was just outclassed by newer cards at the time. It ran really HOT though. The 5870 was a decent card and should give you good frames at 768. It's the best of the cards you listed. Not sure how well it'll run RDR2 though. I saw a benchmark showing the game would run on a 5870, but...

Whats the rest of your PC's specs? Why do you want an HD sereis card? It's an outdated GPU by several generations.

Lets start off with what your max budget is and where do you live and see if maybe there are other options.

Please be as specific as possible in regards to your current hardware.

Reactions: GmanHardware
Oct 5, 2020
For it's time, the 4850 was a beast of a card. I owned one that lasted several years before it was just outclassed by newer cards at the time. It ran really HOT though. The 5870 was a decent card and should give you good frames at 768. It's the best of the cards you listed. Not sure how well it'll run RDR2 though. I saw a benchmark showing the game would run on a 5870, but...

Whats the rest of your PC's specs? Why do you want an HD sereis card? It's an outdated GPU by several generations.

Lets start off with what your max budget is and where do you live and see if maybe there are other options.

Please be as specific as possible in regards to your current hardware.

HD series GPUS here are very cheap. GTXs arent as cheap
I'm making a new tower so i'll be using either core 2 quads or i5 2400/2500

My Max budget is around $140. The other components costs like $90 so thats around $50 for graphics cards

Last edited: