What's a Good Target Offset Voltage for 3570k@ 4.6 GHz?

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Hi all!
I have been running a Core i5 3570k at 4.6 GHz. for over a month now at an offset of 0.09 volts. I ran Prime95 for about 14 hours on it, so i think its stable. To ensure the longest lifespan possible and lowest thermal output, I want to tweak the voltage and lower it, and my Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 has LOTS of options for the Offset voltage, and I don't want to test each and every setting on Prime95 that long lol. What would be a good offset voltage to lower it to, and start at and work my way up as i increase the voltage to find the minimum stable setting?

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Honestly, it depends on the chip. I recently found out that my 2600k can hit 4.8Ghz and pass IBT normal 10-run cycle with an offset of +0.010v. So you never know what you'll get. Now as for this thing running that fast at that voltage and lasting a 24 hour prime session; I don't know. I can say she pulled over 1.34v when running IBT however.

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001

Hi Ryan!! I think I kind of remember you. You used to hang around the "Others" Section long long ago right? I also used to hang in the graphics card section back in the Radeon 9800/FX5900 days, and then some things happened that diverted more of my time from THG, and then the sudden injury to my carpal tunnels at that time while working on building a house. Fortunately, I am able to get back on the computer a bit more these days and i'm more than perfectly fine when i use splints to type or play games if i do it while wearing the splints.

These days I've gotten abit into Stepmania/DDR (with dance pad) and cycling. I've also have moved from TX to CA! I love the coast out here! there's so much to do and its so beautiful!

Yep! That was me, a lot of changes since those days, I became a moderator after those days for about 5 years, since retired.

Usually hang out in the Overclocking Section here at THGF, helping out from time to time!

Carpal Tunnel Eh!

That's tough, glad you're OK now!

Still in South Carolina, Like Dorothy said on the Wizard of OZ, "There's No Place Like Home!"

Hope you have Happy upcoming New Year!

Catch L8tr! Ryan