Whats better cpu ?

ft_layer

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
Hi guys i recenty bought rx 580 8gb version and i see little to no difference so im thinking it may be the cpu which is amd a10 7860k that it bottlenecks my gpu.So whats better ryzen 5 1600x or i7 6700k. I saw at some articles that intel are more optimise. Yes im going to buy new cpu cooler ram and motherboard

Some references
Overwatch i only get 50-90 fps at epic settings (highest) but when i turn it at lowest settings still the same fps 50-90 and i see gpu usage is sometimes 100 percent then drops down to 0 percent and cpu is always 60-90 percent.
So whats better upgrade i7 6700k or ryzen 5 1600x?

Other specs as of right now
8gb ram
500 psu (not stock)
Asus a68 hmk motherboard

Solution
The A10-7860K is an APU, meaning that it offers both graphical and processing abilities. However, what it also means is that it is not stellar at either. As a result, the CPU is probably holding you back.

Before you go out and buy a new system, make sure that your computer is not using the graphics on the A10, but rather the RX 580. If you want to increase FPS even more, you can enable both graphics chips and have them in Crossfire (Google this).

As for the CPU problem, the best one depends on your usage case. If you only game, then the i7-6700K is probably better, but if you want to futureproof, grab the R5 1600X. In reality, it all depends on price - whichever one is cheaper is the one you should get.

PS: Check which graphics...

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
As of today the i7 6700K performs better in games. The big question is will that still be true in six months or a year. New games like BF1, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Watch dogs 2 all use every thread you can give them. In BF1 in particular i5 users are having bottlenecking issues in multiplayer and even i7 users complain of issues in 64 player servers maxing out all 8 threads. Point being with Ryzen at such an attractive price point and Intels next gen main stream chips i5s will be 6C/6T and i7 will be 6c/12T, we will see more and more games using >8 threads. So while the i7 (4C/8T) wins now in year time or so this may no longer be the case. Ultimately this is all conjecture and nothing is written in stone. Time will tell. So if your gaming now the i7 has better frame rates but I am willing to bet as Ryzen matures this will not be the case in the long term.

CorsairSSC

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016
The A10-7860K is an APU, meaning that it offers both graphical and processing abilities. However, what it also means is that it is not stellar at either. As a result, the CPU is probably holding you back.

Before you go out and buy a new system, make sure that your computer is not using the graphics on the A10, but rather the RX 580. If you want to increase FPS even more, you can enable both graphics chips and have them in Crossfire (Google this).

As for the CPU problem, the best one depends on your usage case. If you only game, then the i7-6700K is probably better, but if you want to futureproof, grab the R5 1600X. In reality, it all depends on price - whichever one is cheaper is the one you should get.

PS: Check which graphics port your monitor cable is plugged into. Is it the port on the motherboard or the port on the graphics card? As a last check, make sure your graphics card drivers are up-to-date.

Summary of steps you need to take:
1) Check which graphics chip you're using. Is the A10 or the RX 580? If you want more performance, try enabling both and overclocking the A10.
2) Check which port your display cable is plugged into - make sure it is the one on the RX 580.
3) Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date.
4) If and only if all of the above steps yield no increase in FPS, then get a new CPU, motherboard, and RAM combo. I suggest getting whichever one is cheaper, as they are pretty similar in performance.

Solution