Question What's causing random freezing ?

Jun 29, 2022
I’m experiencing random freezes while playing games which last around 1-2 seconds, it doesn’t matter what video settings I’ve selected I’ll still experience them at least once a game for example in valorant.

My specs are:
rtx 3060
ryzen 5 3600
2133mhz ram
230w cooler master

I have a feeling it’s my ram being behind the standard but I’m not sure, any help with this problem would be appreciated.

Jun 29, 2022
What is the exact make and model of your PSU? And yes, your RAM speed is not optimal for a Ryzen, generally 3200MHz-3600MHz is the sweet spot.
550w PSU bronze rated cooler master ( don't know why I put 230) also I've checked the ram speed for the two sticks and they should be 3000 MHz but are on 2133 mhz

Jun 29, 2022
cool, let us know
I played a couple of matches in the game in which the problem was prominent the most(valorant), and the 1/2 second freezing is gone, even on the highest settings. I still experience 0.2-second micro stutters when I might spray or buy a gun, (from 0 to 2 times a game) but nothing which hampers the gameplay enough for me to see it as a problem. I'm pretty sure what would fix that is me changing the game to 1080 p from 1440, also I haven't updated my bios from f50 to the newest version because I'm not sure if it is necessary, if it isn't thanks for the help with my problem, I appreciate it alot

TRENDING THREADS