Aug 20, 2024
We've gone through five monitors in the span of 4 years. The longest monitor we've had just got broken (Philips 242E1) this May 2024. We tried to temporarily replace it with a used Dell P2419H, but it only lasted a week. All of them had the same death (including the last three monitors), the screen abruptly changes, and the next attempts to turn it on, no logo shows because the screen is either glitched out or shows a solid color. Both can still be powered on and I'm confident they can still detect my PC. The PC and cables work fine, and connecting it to another display will work, however we don't want to risk breaking another monitor. Here are the possible causes I'm looking into:

1. I'm not using the latest version of my graphics driver. (I intentionally kept the downgrade because the latest versions make my applications very laggy and sometimes unusable.)
2. Constant use to play games or work, we're talking 8 - 14 hours of game time daily (me and my two brothers all play but we make sure to use the appropriate graphic settings, especially fps)
3. Insufficient electricity? They say our house's wiring and fuse box are pretty thin and old but we don't experience outages.
4. ESD
5. My monitor and PC are connected to a single AVR with a broken switch, so I also need to manually plug in and out the AVR to turn it on/off, often outlet sparks.

The mentioned monitors don't overheat despite what I implied above. What may be the problem I should look into? (Probably all but what do you think is the main cause?)

Specs:
Mobo: b450 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU/GPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400g w/ Vega 11 Integrated Graphics
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8gb 3200mhz (2 sticks)
PSU: Cougar VTE 500w 80+ bronze
AVR: Secure 220v

Monitors broken:
Philips 242E1: (prior to the permanent damage, a solid color would cover the screen where I could only see the top part of my real display. Needs to restart to fix.) (144hz and lasted 2 years)
Dell P2419H: (Horizontal white lines, could see some parts of the standby display at the top. (60hz)
Other three: All the same brand but upgraded each new buy. All faced the same fate of no display just glitches. None of them lasted a year (60-75hz)

Aug 20, 2024
Could be electromagnetic interference and/or just old fashioned power surges.

The PSU in the PC will regulate the power and the metal case helps against shorting, but the monitor will have no such protection.

But losing even one monitor without understanding it's fault, should be a cause for concern. Try new power strips with surge protection and check for something shorting the wires.