Question What's the beat rtx 2070?

Xyzen

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
I've decided I want to buy a 2070 for my next card... But since it cost around $500 I want to make sure I get the most value for my money.

I've been reading Amazon reviews and they all have mixed reviews so I don't know which is truly the best.

WildCard999

Titan
There really is no "best" 2070, some have better cooling while other's have higher factory overclocks but they'll all perform fairly close. The ones I'd probably go for (price/cooling) is the Gigabyte Windforce or Zotac Amp Extreme, both have triple fan cooling and come with a backplate.

Good time to buy, Newegg is giving away either Anthem, BF5 or Metro Exodus with the purchase of a 2070.

The chips inside are all made by Nvidia. The only difference is cooling and factory overclocks. Both will impact performance, but not substantially. I would get the cheapest 2070 that has an open air cooler (2 or more fans). The difference in performance between the cheapest and the most expensive will be less than 5%. So dont pay more than you have to.

Reactions: WildCard999

aafusc2988

Honorable
Jan 8, 2015
I've decided I want to buy a 2070 for my next card... But since it cost around $500 I want to make sure I get the most value for my money.

I've been reading Amazon reviews and they all have mixed reviews so I don't know which is truly the best.

Always go EVGA.. from my experience. I have the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Black Edition 8GB GDDR6 (Samsung VRAM).

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Always go EVGA.. from my experience. I have the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Black Edition 8GB GDDR6 (Samsung VRAM).
That's biased recommendation and just because you're happy with your EVGA GPU doesn't mean OP would be. For instance, i prefer MSI since i have 2x MSI GPUs (GTX 700-series and GTX 1000-series) and i have 0 issues with both of them. Also, my future GPUs will also be MSI. But i won't recommend MSI to OP. I may suggest MSI but in the end, i let OP to choose the brand and model by himself.