Whats the Best low profile Graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentarius

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Since i just found a powersupply upgrade for my slimline,whats the best Low-Profile graphics card thats good for gaming since i wont be upgrading anything on my computer again anytime soon so please tell me whats the best graphics card [low profile] or in YOUR opinion whats the best :)

Soo whats the best low profile gaming Graphics card?

Want to play games like:
WoW
Rift
LoL

And other top of the line games

sharpbrick

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010

http://www.directron.com/5850direct1gd5.html?gsear=1 ATI HD5850. great card and is even low profile :) just with these bigger cards make sure to have some amount of airflow in your case (i know that may be hard because of the small case but the card does get hot)

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Im not sure that sharpbrick understands what low profile means. Also, WOW is by no means a top of the line game-- it has relatively low requirements as far as games go.

Newegg has a low-profile 5670 that is probably the most powerful low-profile card available at the moment.

Depending on your power supply (which you need to list if you want a good answer) the best choice is probably an AMD 5570.

Please list full system specs, including power supply and monitor resolution.

kentarius

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Amd Sempron Proccesor 3600+
Nvidia Geforce 6150 Nforce430
3gb ram
1440x900

well... lol thats pretty much it about my computer...its a basic compute pretty and most stuff is integrated so yeah have alot of spare power i ordered the most highest Powersupply the comp can get and its a 320w but most cards i can run with a 320w well low profile

sharpbrick

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010

i know what low profile means... what do you think that 5850 is? it is a low profile duel slot card. (EDIT! f the description on the sight... just looked at it more and in the photos it is definitely not low profile...)

As far a card for you kentarius you ya what deadlockedworld said is probably the best

That HD 5850 is not low profile. From the last section of the specification list...

General Information:
- Single or Dual Profile - Dual
- Active or Passive Cooling - Active
- Power Connector Required - Yes
- Low Profile - No

Translation:

1. It is a "Dual Profile" card, meaning it uses two slots.
2. It uses active cooling.
3. It requires additional power connections.
4. This is not a Low Profile video card.

kentarius

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
One more thing,since newegg says i can run the card that i want with 275wats(everything on my computer) and i have 250w will the 250w be enough or do i need to upgrade if the upgrade isnt needed in powersupply i will get a new Processor:eek:

brianwski

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

I just put the MSI R5670-PD512 Radeon HD 5670 512MB into a Dell 980 Small Form Factor chassis as an upgrade. WARNING: I had to modify both the card AND the Dell to wedge that sucker in there. You can see some pictures here: http://www.ski-epic.com/2011_low_profile_gaming_graphics_card/index.html

A side note is the stock Dell 235W power supply seems to drive it fine! (Yay!)
The upgrade made a huge difference in game play over my previous piece of junk graphics card, I am very happy so far.

- BrianW

Status
Not open for further replies.