Question What's the difference between the various Samsung Odyssey G5 models ?

F1080

Reputable
May 21, 2020
Hello, I was planning of getting a new Samsung Odyssey G5 Monitor but I realized that there are lots of model numbers for the same G5 monitor. I searched on the internet to see the difference between all of them but I didn't find anything. So can anyone please tell me which model number is the best and if there is a difference in colors between them and which model has the best color and response ?
Thanks in Advance!

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
Samsung's G5 lineup is pretty much their "midrange" set of monitors, while higher tiers like the G8 and G9 will give you vastly improved usability due to nicer features such as ultra wide panels, better performance, or OLED displays. There are many G5 models; "the best" comes down to how much you're willing to spend, and the particular features you're after. If you could provide a list of the specific model numbers, we could narrow down a good choice to fit your budget and needs.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2024
I currently use an Odyssey G5. I have to warn you, the smearing on the VA panel is INSANE (especially the black to grey). You get used to it over time but there are certain situations that cannon be ignored.

From what I saw concerning other Odyssey models (G7s for example) they are much better in that respect.

F1080

Reputable
May 21, 2020
I currently use an Odyssey G5. I have to warn you, the smearing on the VA panel is INSANE (especially the black to grey). You get used to it over time but there are certain situations that cannon be ignored.

From what I saw concerning other Odyssey models (G7s for example) they are much better in that respect.
What about colors in G5 ? Will it be okay for graphic design after color calibration?

TRENDING THREADS