[SOLVED] What's the latest or the best PCIe Wifi Card for laptops?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
im planning upgrade my laptop's wifi card (asus s550ca) i found out that it uses a mini pcie wifi card from this video.
will it work or will it have compatibilty issues?

Solution
In most cases if the card will physically fit it will work. Years ago vendors like HP used to lock them to only use their cards.

Be careful to get a card that has all the features you might need. Many of these cards have bluetooth so that is also a concern.

The next big issue for upgrading laptop wifi is the number of antenna your laptop has. It is not easy to add antenna and if you put a card in that requires 3 and you only have 1 it will actually work poorly.
In most cases if the card will physically fit it will work. Years ago vendors like HP used to lock them to only use their cards.

Be careful to get a card that has all the features you might need. Many of these cards have bluetooth so that is also a concern.

The next big issue for upgrading laptop wifi is the number of antenna your laptop has. It is not easy to add antenna and if you put a card in that requires 3 and you only have 1 it will actually work poorly.

Solution

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014

based on the video it has 2 wifi antennas and i found a wifi card which is a mini pcie intel 7260