I'm so curious and I need to know about these mainboards phases
Any body know their phases?

Gigabyte-H77-D3H
Gigabyte-H77-D3H-MVP
Gigabyte-H77-DS3H

Gigabyte-H87-D3H
Gigabyte-H87-HD3

Solution
My thoughts on the H series boards are the features they offer for the price are what should guide you, brand becomes less important than connectivity. All of them will run the CPU at is rated specs and ram at 1333Mhz or 1600MHz and should provide stable power throughout it's expected lifetime. I'll suggest listing the features you need/want (USB ports, SATA ports, fan control headers, etc) from that, narrowing your choice and then looking for the best warranty and value. Note that even the Intel boards like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121774 with it's highly anemic VRM are still super stable in their operation and life expectancy
I had considered that possibility (but didn't feel like going back and checking at the time) since those chipsets are not designed for overclocking hence, there is little operational difference between the different VRM designs. Also, most H series boards do not have heatsinks over the VRM which makes counting physical phases easier. I know of no other resource for VRM information than Sin'sHardware.

aqua_q

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
The list that you referred to is a great and very detailed VRM reference for Z77 chipset and I appreciate that, but isn't it essential to consider different H77-H87 VRM designs for a new (non overclock-able) build?

While I would be inclined to believe so, it seems the only people interested in such things are enthusiasts who, for the most part, are more interested in the Z boards (likely because of their higher performance capabilities). The H series chipsets are geared toward the "home" or "mainstream" user, 99% of which have no clue (nor interest) in what a VRM does or how it's design may affect them so, little to no audience for that info - I think you'd have a better chance of finding that information for a "B" (business class), "C" (Commercial class) or "X" (Extreme class) chipset than the "H" series... even that info is sparse. This article may help explain some about the H87 VRM and the duties currently being taken over by the CPU but doesn't help your question about the Gigabyte "H" series boards http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1132-intel-haswell-chipset-comparison
Now I'm going to have to look into this a bit... maybe even see if I can't decipher the phases myself

aqua_q

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
First I was planning on a build with a 3770K and Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H or Asus P8Z77-V and I was so interested in their specs but as I'm on low budget I found that an OC build is something that I may not need to have and I can't afford for an after market fan and a more powerful PSU for OC'ing.
Now that I'm down-grading to a 3770 or 4770 with a H77 or H87 chipset I want to choose a mobo with great specs like or at least near to the Z77 on's that I mentioned.
That's the cause which makes me curious about these info's.

My thoughts on the H series boards are the features they offer for the price are what should guide you, brand becomes less important than connectivity. All of them will run the CPU at is rated specs and ram at 1333Mhz or 1600MHz and should provide stable power throughout it's expected lifetime. I'll suggest listing the features you need/want (USB ports, SATA ports, fan control headers, etc) from that, narrowing your choice and then looking for the best warranty and value. Note that even the Intel boards like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121774 with it's highly anemic VRM are still super stable in their operation and life expectancy

Solution

aqua_q

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Wow I've never seen a mobo like that! How could it be possibly made by Intel?! Even my current mobo with a single core AMD is reacher in VRM than that! Even It has a heatsink on them! But if its stable, my current mobo is super stable LOL
Anyway, thanks for your tips.