ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700
EVGA FTW3 3080

5x Samsung 980 pro 2t M.2's raid-0
Intel 900p Optane 480g pcie
agility 120g SSD
3x WD 2t HDD raid-0
4 sticks of

G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB (16GB) 6000MT

So the issue is the PC started to have the discord randomly close out on me. but that went from discord closing out on me to Forknife closing out on me and just stopped running all together. I started to noticed other games would crash on me or just close out with no error. any think on Unreal was crashing on me and would give me the most random errors as to why. It would seem like it thought my ram wasn't enough or my vram was full or corrupted. with a mix of storage issues. always a random error. some games wouldn't crash on me at all or at very least very little. Overwatch 2 i could play a game and if I did crash it would be at the end of the game. I did a computer repair an it kept failing. so I then reinstalled windows 11 pro it would failed to reinstall. in fact the whole windows installer usb would fail and crash its self and send its self back to the start of the install 1st window like nothing happened. or it would fail to fully install.

I finally got it to install and all the problems were still there. if any thing they got worse. I couldn't install the NVidia drivers and it kept failing to install. I had to put it into safe mode to get it to install every thing from NVidia. every thing has been a pain to install. drivers would fail and cause the windows launch to fail. I tried to install more updates and now my m.2s arnt showing up and i cant get the disk management to get them to show up, i can see them it knows they are there but i cant access them.

I have RMA'd the graphics card and the power supply. EVGA did say there was an issue with the psu they upgraded me to the 1600 t2 for free. they sent me back new equipment. i just replaced the MB with the same type. i checked the ram reduced the ram and have installed windows on different SSD's or m.2s.

the only thing left i have changed out is ram cpu and storage. but these also seem unlikely as i tested the ram i even swapped them out each stick tested. with the same issues. and the SSD have all had separate tests.

please help I am at such a loss as to what else to do. is it not enough lanes?
es?

Colif

Win 11 Master
so I then reinstalled windows 11 pro it would failed to reinstall. in fact the whole windows installer usb would fail and crash its self and send its self back to the start of the install 1st window like nothing happened. or it would fail to fully install.

I finally got it to install and all the problems were still there. if any thing they got worse. I couldn't install the NVidia drivers and it kept failing to install. I had to put it into safe mode to get it to install every thing from NVidia. every thing has been a pain to install. drivers would fail and cause the windows launch to fail.
Did you test ram with memtest?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Do you have latest BIOS on motherboard?

have you run this? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html

Reactions: helper800

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If you don't find anything wrong with the RAM sticks It would also be helpful to simplify wherever possible. Simplifying is the best way to get to the heart of a problem. You don't repair your car while you're driving it down the street.

Bring the system to a minimum, no GPU, one stick of RAM, one storage drive, no Optane, and get the other parts out of the PC. Then see if you can install Windows on this simple rig. If you're successful, then you can start adding in the GPU and rest of the RAM back into the equation.

Only then slowly start bringing storage back (hopefully you have real backups, RAID is not a backup plan). And if this isn't a PC that's regularly used for things like workstation activities that require large sequential reads or a storefront in which downtime is money, I'd strongly urge you to consider canning the RAIDs for good, as they're utterly baffling with more downsides than upside without these specific types of use cases.

Reactions: helper800