What's your dream car?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
None of your dream cars like your lamborghini's, Ferarri's...etc are anywhere near as fast as my Yamaha R1 Bike. Top speed, perhaps, mine is electronically limited to 186mph, but I can pull off a 0-60mph in less then 3seconds when I take it out to the track, professionals get in the mid 2seconds range if its a perfect start. Its a 400lbs bike with around 200hp :).

rayden

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
maybe, but believe me a viper with 2000hp could not match even at top speed , not talking about the steering performance, drift with a car and etc. So how could you beat that?

Or a small car with a big engine? It is like an motorcycle, but with 4 wheels, so that could beat again your yamaha:p

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Rayden, I agree, my bike def doesn't match high end cars in the top speed category. A tiny bike going too fast is just too dangerous and difficult. A car beats it. But my bike murders 99% of cars in terms of acceleration, both to 60mph, to 100mph, and even to 150mph and all the way up to my own top speed.

Even if its a small car with a big engine, the power/weight ratio on a 400lbs bike w/ around 200hp is ridiculous. Lets take my bike for example,
It has 2lbs of weight for every horsepower.
Now lets take the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, the fastest production car on earth. It has 1200hp and weighs in at over 4100lbs. That would be almost 3.5lbs for every horsepower. Therefore, technically my bike has a better power/weight ratio then the bugatti. I think bugatti with its 2.4second 0-60time will beat my R1, but if a professional driver gets a good start it will be very very close, only a couple tenths of a second slower. :).

Oh yeah, to the poster above, On the track, I did a quarter mile against a stock GTR, and I absolutely demolished it, without even a great start :). I will be selling it soon, way to dangerous to drive around on roads and getting to the track is expensive and no time for it.

robbo99

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Corvette Stingray 69
Ferrari F40 yellow
Porsche 911 GT1
Mercedez CLK GTR
Jag XJ220 (CMON its so old now but still looks like a spaceship)

Technologically impossible: one which can fly and travel through wormhole and blackhole making me able to travel intergaxlxy and through time
Circumstantially impossible: Formulec EF01
Financially impossible (as of now): e-wolf Alpha-2
Realistic: Renault Fluence Z.E.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
^Actually, traveling through a wormhole, scientists think might be possible in the future, maybe in hundreds of years. Blackhole is impossible though...its just a gravitional singularity, nothing to travel into/through.

Ok I should make my point clearer. I want that car because I want absolute freedom in locomotion in all 4 dimensions x,y,z and time. So if I cannot fly into a blackhole and out, escape it by traveling faster than speed of light (in so giving the car the ability to travel into the future). Then I cannot claim that I can truly travel to everywhere and a master on the freedom in locomotion in all dimension. I know it is physically impossible but imagine if you could. Although I am still not sure how to master time travelling backward because of the grandpa paradox. But traveling faster than the speed of light will in theory allow you to overtook the punch of electromagnetic radiation which propagates in this vast universe, so however faint they are, if technologically we can create a sensor as sensitive to detect those radiation, let say in the visible em spectrum, we can in theory watch the past. But then you can argue that we are not there to experience it first person, so it is not strictly time traveling backward.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
^You're right, traveling into the future is technically possible, traveling into the past is not. You'd have to travel close to the speed of light to travel time reasonable, which is possible by even brute force, but to travel into the past, u'd have to travel faster than light I think, which is impossible according to our knowledge of physics.

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
does any car guy really just have one dream car , maybe it should be dream cars , every time i start dreaming about a dream car it isn't the same as the last one :)

rogigor

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Ford Mustang 1967 Eleanor. Or any Mustang from 1967-1969

It's sad that they're relatively cheap in US and so, so, sooo expensive in Poland. Though I'll buy one for sure one day.

jaelbrt

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

I definitely agree with those two cars, but I think I like the early dodge challengers at least as much. I always liked the '69 doge charger and I haven't even seen that movie and when I first started liking it I hadn't even heard of it.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

I have one dream car and one dream bike :)...its all I need.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
I actually change my mind about my dream car from earlier here.

In my dream "car", I would take the body of a BMW 2003 E39 5-Series sedan, and put a 6L V12 Naturally Aspirated Engine outputting around 600-700HP.

It would provide monstrous torque at extremely low rpm's.

I'd also would want a 8-Speed Sequential Transmission.

Best looking sedan body ever made in Earth's history paired with a ridiculous engine.

Ailsa007

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Mine is definitely a Lamborghini Gallardo.

2012-lamborghini-gallardo-1_460x0w.jpg

waydiddy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009

Can't agree with you more on the choice of body types...

My dad rolls around in a '01 E39 M5 as his everyday car...If I had that car with no budget limits I would do EXACTLY what you would, either drop a new NA engine inside or Dinan that sucker out, supercharger-style

"Best looking sedan body ever made in Earth's history paired with a ridiculous engine" -blackhawk192
Couldn't have said it better myself!!

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

Oh yeah, finally nice to see somebody who agrees with me! My current car is a E39 540i modified w/ around 350hp ball parked, which is the step down right below your fathers M5. I also have an M5 front bumper so it looks almost exactly like it.

IMO, nothing looks more scary, badass, or awesome then the E39 M5 did...the E60 was mediocre, the F10 is pretty good, but none compete with E39.

Infact, I'd be satisfied with taking a Lamborghini V12 6.5L 700hp engine and dropping it right into my E39 body, or even a Dinan 5.8L V10 from the E60 M5.

That would be my true dream car even I was a billionaire...my one and only car that I'd happily drive everyday would be my '03 E39 humble body with a nice engine under the hood. I don't even need any of those souped up SMG 7-speed transmissions on the new supercars...I'll keep my 6-speed manual with a clutch if I have to.

great minds think alike waydiddy

Status
Not open for further replies.