What's your dream car?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delanooch

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
3890622750_7032a7d87b_o.jpg
Any of these will do, I would like an 1984 Ferrari Mondial in black and a 1994 911 cabriolet in Blue :)

peety10

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
I love the cars you guys like

Blood raven NICE choice will have to wait for the chevy version since Pontiac is gone
KnotKnut, you are sick in the best way (i am in complete agreement, but with all of my kids a 4P is more realistic)
and clement The new ones are sweet, but wait for the convertable

Untill then a nice vintage car with a 4BT Cummins should do the trick

poorya_user

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I can not decide which one is the best but BMW E46 and E36 have the best handling.First of all you have to look at your pocket or bank account ...
My opinion :
1. 20,000 $ Honda S2000
2. 40,000 $ Nissan Skyline or 370Z
3. 70,000 $ Nissan GTR
4. 100,000 $ - 200,000 Aston Martin vantage or Lambo Gallardo LP560
5. 200,000 $ - 300,000 & Lambo Murc LP-670
6. 500,000 $ SLR (Best car in the world)
7. More than 1,000,000 $ Mclaren F1

witches_jelly

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

This thing is load of malarkey. Its just something someone cobbled together and made BS claims about. I dare you to find a shred of evidence that that car is capable of that kind of acceleration. I have looked and there is none. Every time I see this thing mentioned it annoys me because its all wild claims. There is no way a 2wd car is getting to 60 that quickly on street legal rubber. The only car I'm aware of outside of dragsters that can do anything even aproaching that is the Porsche 917/30 and that car has a power to weight ratio of 1967.36 hp per ton and is not even remotely street legal.

Chadm

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I have two. A 1956 Ford Thunderbird...Dont really know why. I just saw one and fell in love with it. The other would be Lamborghini Gallardo.

findcarparts

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
This is pretty interesting topic. My dream car is Bugatti Veyron, the World's fastest car. I often dream about going on a long drive with my girl in it. I wish it comes true soon

gazfast

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

Unfortunately the ride is terrible, there is no feel to the brake pedal, and it ahs the worst automatic gearbox I have ever had the misfortune to drive - they are our VE Commodore, and even in SS-V trim, which is pretty close to what you got as Pontiac, it was awful - way better than th ecar it replaced, but not in the same league as the cars it was designed to compete with - Ford Falcon BA-BF and FG, Mitsubishi 380 - best balanced family six in Australia on release, and the Toyota Aurion, a huuuuuge step forward from the Camry.

i will say the V8 soundtrack is stunning, but that was not enough to make me want to buy one...

There are two vehicles that I'd like to see.

1. A real pickup truck
- Body type: Standard cab with a 7-foot bed
- Interior: Spartan! I want something that I can use as a work vehicle and not care if I get it dirty and then just hose out when I am done, which probably means the floor will be diamond-tread rubber and the seats will be neoprene-covered. A radio, power locks and windows, and a trailer brake controller would be the only electronics inside that I need. No DVD navigation system or any of that other crap that has no place in a truck.
- Chassis: Standard-wheelbase, half-ton (6000-6500 lbs GVWR).
- Engine: 4.0-5.0-liter 32-valve turbocharged diesel V8 with somewhere around 250-300 hp and 450-550 ft-lb torque.
- Drivetrain: 6-speed manual (NO slushbox), center locking differential, limited-slip front and rear differentials with air lockers
- Wheels: 12-14" ground clearance, disc brakes all around, all-terrain tires of roughly 325/75-18 in size.

2. The sports car
- Body type: 2-seat
- Interior: maybe I could go with leather seats and a better sound system in this one, but still relatively spartan. No iDrive or navigation system crap here.
- Chassis: 4-wheel independent suspension with coil-over shocks all around
- Engine: Naturally-aspirated DOHC V10 or V12 with about 5 L displacement, good for roughly 500 hp
- Drivetrain: 6-speed manual, AWD with a center viscous differential to send power to the front wheels, rear limited-slip differential
- Wheels: non-gaudy 18-19" Al alloy wheels wearing rubber ~275 mm wide with a ~30-40k mile treadlife

findcarparts

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
My dream car is mansory bugatti veyron linea vincero.I m impressed with its styilsh design and features which make me feel to buy the car and I will get this one soon.

Vadorsystems

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I would have to say dream car number one would be the 1969 Dodge Charger, awesome looks (yeh I know it was dukes of hazard car but thats not the main reason i like it) I just think it looks and sounds beastly.

Car two would be the Ultima GTR. Its the sort of car I could easily stand there staring at for months drooling. low cost cause its only like £15k or so and massive speed and acceleration, beats damn near any other road car on track time and costs so much less. just makes it a car of win

M1GU3L1T0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
One car I've always wanted to have was a Shelby GT500...Those things are amazing. Also a customized Toyota supra twin turbo wouldnt be bad...
For a classic I would have to say the shelby daytona coupe.
Supercar: Tough one :/ Gumpert apollo, Mclaren F1, Saleen S5S raptor, a Lambo gollardo superleggera.
For an SUV a honda pilot.

maxcommodity1

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Jaguar XJ220's are pretty hot but I'm not entirely sure if they make them anymore. That goes back to the Playstation 2 - Gran Turismo game I played almost non stop for 3-4 months. lol

the 2 you picked are pretty awesome...i had never heard of either of them. Where do I find cars like these?
Free Mcx Tips Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.