Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 135 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 12, 2023
Some of the most popular video games among users include titles like Fortnite, Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty: Warzone, and Among Us, among others. These games have engaged millions of players around the world and offer unique gameplay experiences for different types of gamers. I think Fortnite is best one of theme

Jun 16, 2023
What game have you been playing recently? How did you find the experience of playing said game?

Any games you looking forward to? Why are you looking at those games?

Lately I've been playing Transistor which is pretty amazing - I would give it GOTY for the refreshing gameplay experience. I played some Always Sometimes Monsters which was pretty terrible to be perfectly honest - it felt like a horrible cheap shot RPG that punishes every choice you make unrealistically. I've just started to play Divinity and like every other RPG I haven't got my head around to how it works yet.

Right now I have my eyes set on Dragon Age: Inquisition - it's made by EA, so I'll be buying it after release ;). Star Citizen looks pretty cool, but I'm not particularly interested in space sims - just the potential to advance PC graphics sounds amazing. I will very likely buy Sims 4 -> just for character creation (I'm a girl, after all). I haven't played Assassin's Creed, but the latest installment looks pretty neat with the co-op aspect.

How about the rest of you?
Elden Ring. Played it, Became Elden Lord, going at it again. That being said it's really hard not to mention that on the opposite side I've been having nothing but grief with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and the EA Launcher grief. Occasional stuttering makes the game almost unplayable.

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Oh, man it's definitely DotA 2. I've been playing this fantastic game for 4 years now. Several friends of mine have spent thousands of hours playing it. That's crazy! The amount of joy I experienced when properly executing the specific Hero I'd learned through gameplays, wiki, etc is unmeasurable. And still on some weekends we gather around and play a couple of matches in a party.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I've been enjoying playing Diablo 4 as an ice sorcerer.
Sounds like a great time!

I got 4 favorite games at the moment, 1st one I was just building a new car in NFS:Heat, sold all the random cars I picked up through my play and this one is called the Ferrari FXX-K is my latest build, damn it was hard to get used to how it controls compared to my other 400+ car that I still kept, I suppose the longer you drive one car the better accustomed you become to it, anyway I managed to get a 1mil plus heat on my first night out with it.

Now I'm regularly making a run in NFS:heat, besides that I'm playing an old favorite called Splinter Cell: Conviction, man let me tell you it hard picking up on an older game like this, the controls are really unobvious, but I got the hang of it again, and before I knew it I had finished the story mode on realistic, wasn't that hard, but really though enough to make for a good challenge, now on the regular I'm going back in and playing some deniable ops, great fun.

Going back in to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer every so often and completing more missions with my unkillable character I created, it's a vortach soldier with bloodlust and a flamer with a very power full shot gun...

And last I'm also making Sims 4 my playground every so often...but that's only until I start a new playthrough of some of my other games, yet to find witch one I can get into again.

Last edited:
started a new Grim Dawn character a few weeks ago. split between heavy weapons & dual wielding pistols.

still putting a couple hours or so every week into Hogwarts Legacy. keep forgetting what's going on in between my plays and have to back track pretty often to older saves. will probably be giving it up for now soon.

been itching to play through Cyberpunk 2077 again. keep putting it off waiting for the Phantom Liberty expansion but with the little i've been playing lately i'm sure i'm still be in it in 2 months when it drops. still have the Edgerunners DLC to play too.

Jul 24, 2023
I play a variety of games, and my gaming focus shifts from time to time.
There had been one time where I'm obsessed with rhythm games (osu! -alike), and days later I spent a lot of time with Tetris and Puyo Puyo, and someday after this when the Steam Summer Sale took place I fetched the Valve Complete Pack and have been playing L4D2, Portal and Half-Life often.

artk2219

Distinguished
The wife has been dragging me into Diablo 4 recently, its more her thing than mine but its nice to have a game we can play together. We were looking to play Halo Infinite in couch co-op but 343 screwed the pooch on that one (thanks jerks, way to break a promise). Other than that I've been playing a lot of Ion Fury, also Sins of a Solar Empire when I have a day to spare hah.

Reactions: King_V
Been playing the original F.E.A.R in poltergeist mode. Beat the game so many times through the years just haven fun.

Serious Sam 4 with all the mods people have uploaded on steam.

Crysis 2 and 3 original I have the remastered but I lean toward the originals.

Tomb Raider

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reactions: iTRiP and artk2219
Feb 16, 2023
Call of Duty is my go to game, it's common yeah but I'm having fun! Currently grinding the camo, even more motivated to get the Orion camo since all the progress will transfer on the CoD realeasing in november. This is for the FPS part of my gaming hobby, I have yet to find another good FPS that will make me buy it!

I also play alot but alot of Old School RuneScape. With all the new stuff coming out for the game recently keep me addicted.

I do play some single player games like the Borderlands franchise that I really love. Skyrim which is a FANTASTIC game, I'm sure everyone know that lol, Far Cry series, Terraria and Starbound. I have a ton of fun on those single player games!

Reactions: iTRiP and artk2219