Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016

Poets Of The Fall? Remedy often does feature them. MP2 and AlanWake

D

Deleted member 217926

I got stuck playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown ( really the Enemy Within expansion ) again. Almost done with it and then I'll give Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor a chance. I also have the new Hitman and DOOM and haven't even installed them yet.

imrazor

Distinguished
First time through Xcom, I made it to the final mission and got slaughtered. Trying another pass, but decided to take a break by playing some Skyrim and throwing together a quick mod to fix some problems with the Nightingale armor & weapon sets.

I've been on my second run for Deus Ex. With cheats enabled of course. I'm going really fast, ignoring most side objectives and really trying to do all the levels as fast as I can.
I've started Prey 2006 on the side too. I love the concepts and the gameplay is a little varied from most FPS games. I'm enjoying my time with it so far.

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016

The key to me is to invest one time on a couple of games I'm planning to play for the next two years, say Destiny 2 and Overwatch or any other title and save the rest until I find another game I can spend the next couple of years with.

I assume many of you know about the reveal of Far Cry 5?

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso"][/video]

You may have also read some time ago there will be no AC or FC this year, as they are expanding the dev cycles to 2 yr vs 1. Already signs of that formula look to be paying off. They've announced FC5 will have the biggest customize-able weapon and vehicle roster of any FC to date.

For the first time, FC comes to the US, Montana to be exact. I just hope as well as Grizzlies, Cougars, Wolves, Bobcats and Coyotes, they'll have Wolverines too. You may recall the dreaded Gulo in FC4 Arena. Well Gulos are actually not Honey Badgers, they're Wolverines, and larger than Honey Badgers.

D

Deleted member 217926

I loved the first game. Far Cry will always have Trigens in my mind. :lol:

Far Cry 2 was a good to great shooter somewhat ruined by the repetitious quests. I finished it but I won't play again.

Far Cry 3 was....meh? Completely forgettable to me. I did finish it.

Haven't played one since. Also UPlay is the only one of the digital distribution platforms that I really hate. Just only being available on UPlay makes me much less likely to buy anything.

D

Deleted member 217926

Other way around. Older Ubisoft games work on Steam. Newer Ubi games might come with a Steam key or even an Orgin key but they require UPlay to work.

You can link your account even but to install and launch the game requires UPlay.

I got bored of Farcry too. Since FC4, to be exact. FC3 was fun till the first half but then I felt it just started to fall down for me. I've never played FC2. I skipped Primal as well and I don't think I'll ever play it.

D

Deleted member 217926

I'll skip Primal as well. The best part of all the Far Cry games is the shooting.

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016

i do, it's just that 2 turned me off, and i thought i might never play it. but 3 and 4 were surprisingly decent. primal was meh. 5 looks decent and since it's country side, or so it looks like, i might actually give it a try.

That's not what I meant. As far as I know they tried offering their games only on Uplay for a while, like but now you can get them on Steam. Sure Uplay launches, but if you disable the overlay and use offline mode, it's like it's not even there. All you really need do is have it in online mode once in a while to update if the game recently released. After all updates are issued, that's no longer required.

finished up the main Andromeda campaign @ 102hrs, 93% completion. really loved playing. can't wait for some decent sized DLCs to add up so I can give it another playthrough in NG+ mode.

started up the new Prey this week and am also very much enjoying it so far. does not even remotely remind me of the original game though. it reminds me more of System Shock than anything really, which is an awesome thing in my opinion. i really like the manipulation of such a large number of items in the game world and having such a large range of ways to accomplish things, or ways to ruin the chance of accomplishing things.

got Ghost Recon: Wildlands with my 1070 but haven't even tried it yet. anyone playing and enjoying?

I finished my 2nd playthrough of Deus Ex. Finished it under 9 hours. I remember most of the locations so it easy to breeze past. I didn't pay much attention to the story this time around but I did save all the people I couldn't on my first playthrough.

Speaking of System Shock, I've started System Shock 2 and I'm looking forward to my time with it. I've been playing Prey (2006) really slowly and right now I'm stuck at a level. I'm kinda hesitant to check a walkthrough but I guess I should do it if I want to progress the game more. I really want to play the latest Prey but I've got these two at the moment to take care of.

D

Deleted member 217926

Just finished an X-Com Enemy Within playthrough and started DOOM ( 2016 ). It's great! One of the best FPS style games I've ever played. Should have known since it's Bethesda, id Software and ZeniMax.

Waiting for Andromeda DLC myself. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole game and wish it had been longer if anything.

I've been thinking it's time for a new game of Fallout 4. Maybe with some mods this time.

imrazor

Distinguished
Revisiting Fallout 4 sounds like an excellent idea. But I'm almost done with playthroughs for XCom Enemy Unknown and the Witcher 3, so I need to wrap those up first. Looking forward to finally wrapping up the Witcher.

Finally finished Divinity Original Sin. It's a good game but I went in expecting it to be a PC game after all the praise for it on PC, turned out it was a console game. I guess today's PC gamers don't really know how PC games are supposed to "control" like. Pillars of Eternity was better overall.

I've finally finished Prey (2006). Like I said, I played it really slowly. Some of the levels in this game is really creative and the mechanics they've introduced are also nice. There are portals in this game, which I believe to be the first game to introduce the concept (I previously thought Valve's Portal was the first to come up with the idea). Gunplay is satisfying. The game can really surprise you at times. You can feel the inspiration taken from Doom, with all the different enemy types and the weapons that you can use in the game. The story is straightforward but it's done right.

I really liked the game and now I'm ready to play the reboot. It's a shame they cancelled Prey 2. I just saw it's E3 trailer from 2011 and it looked neat.

D

Deleted member 217926

Started Fallout 4 again. So that's where I'll be for a few months. :lol:

DOOM 2016 was a blast. Kind of short single player campaign coming in under 20 hours but that's typical for shooters like that.

Just found out GoW 4 is on a free 10 hr trial from 6/9 thru 6/15. It includes campaign and all game modes. Problem is it's a 100+ GB download, plus it requires W10 Creator's Update.

I'm sure those of you on W10 are familiar with how Creator's Update broke fonts in W10. For me it was unfixable. I was lucky to even be able to roll back to the previous build, as it wiped out most of my file fonts.

The claim was that MS fixed it via one of their auto updates, which for me was not only not auto, but didn't even show on a manual check for updates. Sourcing it piecemeal and attempting to manually install it didn't work either.

MS are screwing up about as badly as Intel lately.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/Community/gears-4-trial