Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 122 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
D

Deleted member 217926

16 hours into Cyberpunk 2077. It's good. Maybe not up to the hype good but it's a beautifully rendered world and some of the best character animation I've ever seen. The story is keeping me engaged so far and gameplay is fun.

16 hours into Cyberpunk 2077. It's good. Maybe not up to the hype good but it's a beautifully rendered world and some of the best character animation I've ever seen. The story is keeping me engaged so far and gameplay is fun.
I got a chance to play it more last night, and even though I liked The Pickup mission, it took WAY longer than it should have because I had problems adjusting the too dark gamma. At a certain point, it started getting darker again, so at the max 2 setting, it looked as dark if not darker than 1. I settled on 1.3, but still had to crank my display brightness up from 50 to 65.

I still eventually managed annihilation, and with minimal resources and damage, but damn was it annoying with the time spent adjusting the gamma control. Other nit picks are I don't particularly like the scan or stealth mode effect. Both are WAY too dark for an already too dark game with broken gamma control. I don't know how that got past player testing that they would make an already overly dark game even darker with scanning and crouching, only to leave you with a gamma adjuster that is broken. It's ridiculous for a team with as much talent as they have.

At any rate, after spending some time playing Black Mesa and Cyberpunk 2077, I managed to play and capture 3 more events of GRID 2019. These are all touring events, and despite have to complete two more of such events just to unlock the Motul Classic Touring Cup at Brands Hatch, the highlight for me was the Barcelona race in the Fatlace TC-2 Street Cup. I struggled to get pole position at first, but when I found using the right lines you could go in top gear save for two 5th gear turns and a 4th gear turn, it became exhilarating to race. I also upgraded to the Audi RS 3 LMS, which is a great car.

That said, there was a lowlight too. I found it off putting that the Sydney Sprint Cup is an exact copy of the Muscle Down Under event. In a game that is far shorter on content than the original it's meant to honor, it's quite a fan disservice to put in an identical event and merely change the name of it.

Last edited:
More updates on Cyberpunk 2077. I found a tweak online that shows how you can enable more gamma related settings in the Video menu. These include Tone-Mapping Midpoint, Maximum Brightness, Paper White, and Gamma.

The default settings for these values are...

Tone-Mapping Midpoint 2
Maximum Brightness 270
Paper White 100
Gamma 1

I messed around with them a bit, and settled on...

Tone-Mapping Midpoint 3
Maximum Brightness 750
Paper White 200
Gamma 1

The only reason I can figure gamma was best left set at the default 1, is because it's adjustment slider seems broken. With the above settings it's still not perfect, but far better than before. I should note as well that my IPS display also uses the older style CCFL lighting, so those on LED lit IPS displays may need less aggressive settings.

Another gamma related problem the game has IMO is the way the game switches brightness automatically when going between bright and dark areas seems too aggressive. I'd like to be able to find script for it in the options.json file, and tone it's value down a bit, but don't know if there is such script there.

There are other problems with the game, and not just bugs, but game design, mostly AI related. I will tag this with spoilers for obvious reasons.

In the mission The Pickup, it is FAR too easy to takedown Royce with just 2 sneak attacks. Yet in The Heist, a mission T-Bug designates as stealth when she says "no bodies", it is very scripted at a certain point to take your stealth away. I was maintaining stealth just fine, which allowed me to keep quick saving, but as soon as I got to the 3 guys near the elevator, despite being able to successfully distract and sneak attack the 2 regular guards, the heavy in the glass room with his back turned would ALWAYS automatically go agro when within a certain distance of him.

I also tried going straight to the heavy right after distracting the other two, and could sneak attack him, but the nearest regular guard would always automatically pull away from the device I distracted him with, and spot me right after sneak attacking him. This of course means the AI in the area you descend to in the elevator are all agroed as well. At any rate, "no bodies" I assumed meant using just sneaks, but everything after the code red is issued involves piling up bodies. Your only real alternative is going non lethal, and even that eventually becomes impractical if not impossible.

I also read there's a way to betray Dex by picking a dialog line about Evelyn Parker, but as far as I know, I chose that option, because I got Dex to bump our cut to 35%. I also lied to him and said we didn't get the relic, and kept it. I witnessed Dex getting shot in a rather confusing sequence during the Johnny SIlverhand segment. So did I betray Dex, or not? Most RPGs I've played have special icons next to certain dialog lines, which usually have a number of your level of the skill it applies to beside it, which I've seen at times in CP, but there's no clear indication I've noticed if you unlock an opportunity by it or receive extra XP, etc. Maybe I missed some messages though.

Other than that, especially since I found an acceptable way to tweak the gamma, the game is pretty good. I really liked the segment where you control the spider bot. My main gripe though is they seem to force and/or reward open combat far too much. It's not just scripted detection either, for instance the one perk I've seen to automatically replenish RAM states that it only happens during combat. What's strange about that is RAM is used every bit as much (if not more so) for stealth, as it is for open combat.

Last edited:
Just like you guys, I also started Cyberpunk 2077. Disastrous launch for the game but I only got it on Monday because I ordered the physical copy. When I started playing, patch 1.04 was already out so I don't know just how bad the bugs were on launch day. But yeah, I've encountered some funny bugs. Mostly it's NPCs clipping through my car.
While carrying bodies and dropping them, most of the time they fall through the ground with a large thud sound. I can see tons of blood splatter too when that happens. So even if it was a non lethal takedown, they end up dying if you try to move their bodies.

Enemies were able to see me very easily sometimes, going into their alert/agro state, like you said, Frag.
Yeah, I too tried to stealth my way as much as I could but I feel it was all wasted in the end. Once the alarms were sounded after Saburo was killed, I guess the original plan was in complete shambles. I could've just shot everyone instead of trying to stealth past every single one of them. Also made sense to leave quickly as possible since Jackie was bleeding out. I instead went for complete stealth route and ended up doing the mission for more than 1 hour, reloading the last save whenever I was seen. I really regret it now...

I chose to keep Dex in the loop with everything. I did not opt to betray him, in hopes that I don't get the part where he shoots us in the head and we end up in the dump (like in the E3 2019 trailer with Keanu Reaves reveal). But surprise, it had no effect whatsoever. He shoots us anyway, if you betray him or not. I think he goes that route because Saburo was killed. We don't matter to him.
The graphics in this game is very good. I am really digging the world. Gameplay feels a lot like Deus Ex for me but it's open world and you can drive around. The game feels a lot less RPG to me and more action oriented.

I had also started Sam & Max: Save the World Remastered. It's got 6 episodes in total and I've finished 3 so far. It's very fun and goofy. I missed the Telltale games that were not completely narrative driven. Some of the puzzle sections are clever although they can be very specific too.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's very Deus Ex meets Watch Dogs. I've seen very few graphical bugs. People standing on tables or sitting at chairs that aren't there a few times but that's really all I've noticed. It looks great and I haven't really had any problems with the gamma but that might be down to your monitor.

It sure makes me want a 3080 :p My system ( 9700KF, 2070 SC, 32GB 3200/14 ) is smooth at ~60+ FPS outside and ~70+ FPS inside. 1440p Ultra DLSS with ray tracing off. Enabling ray tracing just kills it to under 50 FPS and it isn't a smooth experience anymore. Ray tracing makes it really graphically 'pop' though.

Never had knocked out enemies fall through floors when moving them Gman, but today I started having the funniest bug I've seen yet. I've been cruising around on an Arch motorcycle lately, and when I drive through a certain part of the city V appears standing on top of it in a T pose, naked from the waste down. I also had a funny moment after paying off my debt with Viktor where I took on a side mission for Delamain tracking down several of his cars who's AI had gone rogue. It's a great way BTW to get back the money you pay to Viktor. One of the cars was sitting off road near the freeway, so I had to pretty much trials ride through tons of garbage, which included some pretty big metal items that could make you crash. One spot I quicksaved at that I reloaded after getting the bike stuck in some trash, spawned me on the bike up high in midair.

I would agree anort that it plays very much like a combo of Deus Ex and Watch Dogs, though I wish they'd thrown in an equal part of Hitman where stealth is concerned. Then again, even Watch Dogs is more stealth oriented. There's really not much incentive to hiding bodies, and there's far too much emphasis on forcing open combat. I think only once did I see a "body found" message onscreen, and nothing came of it. I've also not had much interest in buying vehicles. Ever since I got the motorcycle, it seems like the easy way to slip through traffic quickly. My thoughts may change on that though if thugs start chasing after me guns a blazin. :D

I would also say it's more right in between an RPG and action shooter. You don't have nearly as many upgrade levels to abilities and perks as say Skyrim and other typical RPGs, but it has far more upgrades than a typical shooter, and since some enemies are marked with a skull and high level, you definitely have to upgrade a fair bit to take on many of them. I've come across a few gang hideout locations that are equipped with high power turrets which ae unbackable at my level, and when the whole gang goes agro, they will easily swarm you and kill you. I've even had to put off the Beat the Brats fist fight side mission and one called Woman of La Mancha due to weak stats in Brawling and Technical. Granted, the fist fighting one is largely due to me sucking at what I feel are horrible melee controls, but it is what it is. Some are actually playing it with melee only though, because once you upgrade it to max, you can one hit kill most enemies, plus you get a lot of money and resources selling and dismantling weapons.

Last edited:
I get the feeling I didn't pay much attention to when a skull icon appears on an enemy. I came across a police star or something on the map and wanted to see what was up. One of the gangs were keeping someone hostage so I decided to go in save them. Bad decision. I got hammered very quickly. Their health barely went down even though I was headshotting them the whole time. Sometime later while doing the Delamain missions, I caught eye of another set of enemies. Wanted to take them out but I couldn't do it then either...they were too powerful.

What am I supposed to look at to see if an enemy is over-levelled? I really did not pay attention. I also hate the inventory system. It doesn't work for me at all...

Hotfix 1.05 is out too and I'm downloading it right now. It's 9 gigs on GOG.

Last edited:
As far as I know, you need to have in the Interface (HUD) menu, the Threat and Damage Indicator feature turned On, and from what it says when highlighted, it may only appear while they are attacking.

I played through a side mission called Big in Japan many times last night, it's one where you have to carry a package to the trunk of a car and deliver it. It made me all the more frustrated with a lack of stealth ability. I mean their idea of a gas grenade is one that emits a fairly lame poison, vs a knockout gas, and it alerts all the enemies instantly. Don't know if I'll ever like this game just due to the lack of attention to stealth features alone. I'm surprised anyone even wants to work on a stealth build for their character.

That said, one of the weapons I picked up in that mission is The Defender, and I used it to rip through one of the Japanese gang hideouts nearby, which included a fast chick with a samurai sword. You also get a fairly decent 200 damage or so samurai sword as reward for completing that mission (that's at roughly player level 25), but I once managed to loot from the Tiger Claws guarding the mission area a spiked bat that was over 250 damage.

I've come to the conclusion though that this game is just going to be very quirky in bad ways, and I don't know if that part of the design is more due to Mike Pondsmith, the original creator, or CDPR coming up with their own bad ideas. From what I've seen and heard from Pondsmith though, I get the feeling it's him. He just seems weird and eccentric to me.

I also really don't care for what I'm seeing of the animations so far. I've seen enemies take damage just running over fallen comrades, and animations when knocked back by my shotgun have a sort of delayed reaction, and looking weird when they get back up. Few games do I play where I'm telling fallen NPCs to hurry and get back up so I can shoot them in the head again to conserve ammo.

For every enjoyment the game has given me, it's also disappointed me easily as many times, if not more, and it's certainly not just due to bugs.

Last edited:
Well, I finally managed to get the Big In Japan side mission in Cyberpunk 2077 done with full stealth. Turns out I was trying to force a bad route. For the most part, stealth has not turned out to be a viable play style elsewhere. I'll let you know when I find missions that can be done with stealth without much trouble.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk continues to be a love/hate relationship for me. Even with Digital Foundry's non RTX settings suggestions for better performance, it feels like there's micro stutter lag. Sure it gave me a bit of an FPS boost, but even when the game is running at 65-75 FPS, this laggy feel ensues. Horribly coded game. Editing the .json file to run in true fullscreen does eliminate a fair bit of the lag, but required Vsync due to causing lots of screen tear.

Other than that, I'm now on my final run of Black Mesa on Hard, and despite getting my arse kicked many times on Black Mesa difficulty, mostly due to not having played it in ages, Hard is going comparatively much better, and faster. I don't know what it is about Half Life games, but I often get obsessed retrying areas until I get through with little to no ammo, using the crowbar a lot, or dashes from cover to cover when troops are present.

BTW, I found an interesting video that shows all the added graphical content, with comparison shots. It shows how much work they put into it. I was originally just looking for a video of added gameplay content to see just how it differs gameplay wise from the original, but couldn't seem to find one. If anyone has a link to such a thing they can share, please do.

Lastly, I have another set of GRID events. I liked the high tech American muscle cars in the first two so much (Mustang GT4/Corvette C7.R), I wanted this set to be a modern American muscle car trifecta, but on the 3rd settled for the very grueling Classic Touring Cup at Zhejiang in the somewhat squirrelly by comparison vintage Ford Cosworth RS500. That car on that track is a nightmare until you get the feel of it nailed, especially on keyboard. Well at least with Ford at the helm, the Cosworth is loosely rooted in America, despite much UK/Euro flare in design.

BTW, see if you notice what appears to me to be another visual bug, this time regarding the Corvette C7.R after the first event. Felt like another version of the PigPen syndrome. I was like, come on, I didn't drive that bad!

Last edited:
I'm 30+ hours in Cyberpunk 2077 right now. It had been good so far with no game breaking glitches and the visual bugs were very minimal. When I was played today though, jeez...
I was playing a side quest that I had been putting off for few days. Oh boy, it's probably the most bugged quest I've played so far. With no story spoilers, what happened was that the sun went out when I was driving around and it reappeared almost instantly, there was a scripted truck that was jumping all over the place, some cars that kept disappearing while I was driving and a shootout with cops involved. I could not finish this quest because the police AI is so bad... They literally just spawn in huge numbers from your blind spots. Ugh...
I immediately quit the game afterwards, lol.

It's a shame too because I am having a lot of fun with the game. Yes, I too desire more performance than what I'm getting at the moment. In the desert, it's always above 60 FPS but in some areas of the city, it can go down to the 40 range which makes it noticeable. I am also using the Digital Foundry's recommended settings for the game. I was playing with RT on at first but combat was just much better without the FPS being in the 30-45 range all the time. I am also using DLSS at Quality which along with the sharpen filter, made the game look just as good as on regular 1080p.

I'm looking forward to their huge patch in January.

I'm 30+ hours in Cyberpunk 2077 right now. It had been good so far with no game breaking glitches and the visual bugs were very minimal. When I was played today though, jeez...
I was playing a side quest that I had been putting off for few days. Oh boy, it's probably the most bugged quest I've played so far. With no story spoilers, what happened was that the sun went out when I was driving around and it reappeared almost instantly, there was a scripted truck that was jumping all over the place, some cars that kept disappearing while I was driving and a shootout with cops involved. I could not finish this quest because the police AI is so bad... They literally just spawn in huge numbers from your blind spots. Ugh...
I immediately quit the game afterwards, lol.

It's a shame too because I am having a lot of fun with the game. Yes, I too desire more performance than what I'm getting at the moment. In the desert, it's always above 60 FPS but in some areas of the city, it can go down to the 40 range which makes it noticeable. I am also using the Digital Foundry's recommended settings for the game. I was playing with RT on at first but combat was just much better without the FPS being in the 30-45 range all the time. I am also using DLSS at Quality which along with the sharpen filter, made the game look just as good as on regular 1080p.

I'm looking forward to their huge patch in January.
Yeah I'm patched to 1.06 and given that some of the patch release notes I've read said they worked on places where models were T posing, I expected the one I was getting where V would suddenly show as standing on top of Jackie's bike T Posing in downtown when I'm riding it would be fixed, since it's so obvious, but no, it's still there. I honestly think despite CDPR being touted as one of the best dev teams, they took on too big a project with this one, but then I know it probably could have been in a lot better release condition were it not for COVID, especially since they're a relatively small team compared to juggernauts like Rockstar. I'm not just putting off playing it lately to avoid bad first impressions, I'm seriously considering uninstalling it. My mere 500 GB NVMe could use the space anyway.

As far as performance and spec, I would not use RT at all on a 2060, especially with one of the older Ryzens. Have you tried editing the .json file to make it run in true fullscreen though? It surprisingly made the game run a lot snappier for me, but I had to enable Vsync due to it adding a lot of screen tear, which is why I assume they forced borderless windowed mode in the script. Even with Vsync on though, performance is a lot better.

Anyway, I'm on the conveyer gauntlet in Black Mesa's Interloper level on Hard mode, and damn, getting my ass handed to me. It's probably because I'm trying to dash through it without shooting much, which is possible in a lot of places in the game, but not here. Elsewhere it's gone better than expected though.

Last edited:
The game isn't running at full-screen natively? I didn't know that...

I'm gonna have to check and make the edit. Where did you learn about this? I must've gone through the whole of pcgamingwiki page 2-3 times but I never saw this mentioned.

I did do a recent monitor upgrade. I got myself an LG 27GL650F-B. It's a 27 inch 1080p 144Hz VRR monitor. I know it's too big for 1080p but the 1440p one was more than double the price. Also, this one is G-sync compatible so I barely get screen tears now.

The game isn't running at full-screen natively? I didn't know that...

I'm gonna have to check and make the edit. Where did you learn about this? I must've gone through the whole of pcgamingwiki page 2-3 times but I never saw this mentioned.
When I find out things like that it's usually via reading forum chat of what others have tried to increase performance, If I find the methods used are vague, I do more Googling for what they did. It lead me to this.

BTW, finished Black Mesa on Hard. The reason that conveyor gauntlet in Interloper was so troublesome was I started it with only 28 of my 100 Gluon ammo. So I had to use it sparingly until I got to where the ammo regenerators were, sprinting like mad in between shots.

I'm now playing HL 2 again, and was reminded of the trouble I always had in the first two levels from the point Freeman has the accident in the teleporter to where he gets to the airboat being pretty laggy. However Steam popped up with a message saying to not run it in Admin mode, which I was due to some chat I read about getting better performance on HL2. Apparently once the Steam version came out, that was not necessary and only made things worse. I've also settled on settlings and only need access the UI when loading saves, so I went ahead and put it on 4K DSR. Runs really sweet now, even the first two levels.

Last edited:
I checked the article and followed along but it was already set to 'Fullscreen' for me, just like it showed in the game's menu. Maybe this was fixed in one of the patches.

I pretty much just ran during the conveyor belt level of Black Mesa. I think I died a few times from the immense swarm of enemies, but I didn't stop to fight any of them. I died mostly because I didn't know where to go. Once that was sorted out, it was easier to get out without fighting anyone. I enjoyed the chase with Gonarch. It's the highlight of the game for me. It was super exhilarating, and even scary sometimes. I understand this wasn't as long or drawn out in the original? I think they did a fantastic job with it though. Xen didn't feel long for me at all, minus maybe that final elevator section.

Well I'm patched to 1.06, which is I think the latest, but now that I think of it, I may have applied the fullscreen tweak when I was on 1.05. Come to think of it though, I did reinstall the game when 1.06 came out, and I'm pretty sure I had to apply the tweak again because it said BorderlessWindowed, not Fullscreen. Are you sure you applied the tweak to the right .json file? And are you sure you applied no other tweak prior that may have applied such a thing?

What difficulty were you on when you just ran through the conveyer belt segment? I tried that and had no luck at it on Hard.

Yeah the battle with Gonarch is epic, pretty much every stage of it has you on your toes and a bit scared like you said. There was only a quirk or two in that segment for me, where for some odd reason the gas jets near the web gates would not light with flares no matter how I tossed them or even walked to them with one in hand, but a pistol shot, or even a crowbar whack would do the trick. LOL

I don't really recall how the original compares in gameplay, as it was so long ago that I played it, and I really don[t know where gameplay content was added. That's why like I said earlier I was scouring YouTube to see if there was by chance a video showing all the added content, but struck out. If you manage to find such a thing, please post it.

Yeah this play through Xen seemed to go much quicker, but that was due to having refreshed my memory on the prior play through regarding where to go in places I was stumped, where to expect tough battles, and how to deal with them. It's a great game, and I agree, so well honored by Crowbar Collective's Awesome work.

I'm having a lot of fun with HL2 as well, and I can't wait to get to the Striders and Gunships. The Antlions are pretty awesome too. Honestly, my only annoyance with HL2, is the friendly AI don't follow your commands as well as in HL1. They will for a few seconds, then come back and get in your way instead of staying put when you issue a no follow command. This becomes a real nuisance in narrow hallways and stairways, especially when you're retreating to them to use as a choke point for Manhacks. To add to it, they always get all apologetic when they bump into you and say "Sorry I'll get out of your way", to which I always say, "Just STAY out of my way!"

D

Deleted member 217926

55 Hours in Cyberpunk and the more I play it the more I like it. No major bugs and it looks amazing at 1440p Ultra even with Ray tracing off. I really don't get the complaints. The world detail is just stunning, the side stories are interesting and it's fun to play.

D

Deleted member 217926

I'm having a lot of fun with HL2 as well

Your first time playing HL2? I play HL2 and Episode 1 and 2 every few years and have since they came out. It truly was a groundbreaking game for its time.

55 Hours in Cyberpunk and the more I play it the more I like it. No major bugs and it looks amazing at 1440p Ultra even with Ray tracing off. I really don't get the complaints. The world detail is just stunning, the side stories are interesting and it's fun to play.
Well it's pretty easy to get the complaints, regarding bugs anyway. If you don't believe the many of us whom have given detailed testimonials on that, I would think the fact that CDPR publicly apologized for the launch condition and promised a lot of patch work to address it would be enough. Word is the next patch this month is huge, and there will be one in Feb as well. A game that has little to no gameplay problems doesn't need that amount of patching. The Feb one will be the 8th in a relatively short amount of time. That's what I would call damage control, not "no major bugs".

Here's a perspective many are looking at this launch from, for valid reasons.
https://www.inverse.com/gaming/cyberpunk-2077-sales-numbers-dark-truth

Last edited:
Another set of GRID 2019 events. This one introduces truck racing, and oh what a disappointment it was. I discovered as many have said, these are some of the toughest events due to how the trucks handle and the tracks they put you on. Worse yet, the off track penalties don't make much sense. In some places they are overly lenient, in others overly punitive. For instance they actually call swinging slightly wide toward the grandstand wall coming back onto the homestretch a penalty. For this reason I resorted to taking whatever the track gave me, instead of my usual restarting if I feel the game allowed me a corner cut.

The highlight for me was the Super Modified Time Attack event called Unlimited Power. These super tuner cars can do roughly 190 MPH, and the tracks they put you on, Shanghai's Waibaidu Way and Okutama Sprint, easily allow for top speed. The Shanghai track however requires precise braking and steering. My crazy teammate at one point was behind me on the 2nd lap of the Shanghai track and smacked the wall on the fast stretch, which caused a body part of his car to go sailing high over my head. Then he hit the brakes too late and slammed into the back of my car. I managed to pass at least 4 cars without contact though (save for the last one just before the finish line swinging into me slightly, after overtaking him). Although it looked like the slam into the rear of my car made me scrape a railing, I think it was only a slight swipe of the right rear corner of the car. In the multiview replay it looked unscathed. So this chaotic event was pretty clean for me as planned.

The last event is the Group 1 Open in my beloved Corvette C7.R, man that car is great to drive. Brands Hatch, even dry and sunny like here, is normally a pain in a lot of cars for me due to the somewhat blind, big bend turn off the straight that unweights your vehicle in the clockwise direction. It also has some curves on the back part of the course that the AI drive very fast, but this car grips and corners so well you can just hold the gas and wheel there. The second race was again Waibaidu Way, but in pouring rain this time. The Vette handled it well though. My only disappointment on this event was there appeared to be another visual bug where my car looked like it had suffered tons of contact on the sides after the first race at Brands Hatch, which involved zero contact. This time it only seemed to show in race mode though, in the multiview replay it looked unscathed by comparison.

Last edited:
I am now 55+ hours in Cyberpunk 2077. The bugs are are almost certain for every time I boot up the game. I would really like to say that I grew used to it, but sadly, I haven't. It's such a shame because I know I'd enjoy it a lot more if it weren't for the constant bugs that just pull you out of the immersion.

I think I'm more than halfway in the main quest. I've done a fair number of side quests so far too. The gigs from fixers are surprisingly fun to play and they are the ones in the most number. I know there are NCPD missions but I rarely do those. And what's up with car/bike sales showing up on the map like they're some sort of side quest? There are so many cars and bikes available for sale that it just litters the map and I find it hard to pick out the actual side missions whenever I check it. The world map also just looks incredibly bland and ugly. It's all red and some blue. I always go ugh whenever I go in there. The inventory system is also just poor...

It's still super fun to play and the I really gotta praise their gun combat. It's really well done IMO.

I finished Sam & Max: Save The World Remastered last week too. It was good. I enjoyed all the episodes minus some of the super specific puzzles. I always had to look up a guide to solve some of them.

D

Deleted member 217926

82 hours here. Just messing around with side quests now. I'm ready to start the final quest of the main story whenever I want.

All in all I'm happy and even happy I preordered it. It's a fun game probably made better by my hardware which gives me a pretty smooth experience. I'll play it again after any sort of refresh they do to it and hopefully by then I'll be able to find a 3080 in stock somewhere so I can play it with raytracing on.

@Gman,
Yeah the game was getting more interesting for me, but I was so put off by the lack of bug fixing on the more obvious things, I too got tired of the let down immersion wise. One of the missions I left off with was with Panama. I like her most as characters you play with so far, and I really liked getting her truck back, I tried it loud first, then reloaded the save and did it all stealth. Then I realized the game does have good stealth here and there. Just had to shelve it to save myself from not enjoying it as much on first impression. Hopefully it won't take forever to properly patch.

@anort,
You say the game is made better by your spec, yet your sig only lists your audio gear. What exactly is your actual PC spec?

As for me, still playing through GRID 2019, and waiting for the last of the 3 events I'm soon to post to process to 1440p. This time I went a column to the right on events to start finishing up the Group 2 ones, which are required to finish to unlock one of the Invitationals in the prior column (Ferrari F430 Challenge). That in turn unlocks another F430 Challenge, so I'll soon be racing the big boy cars.

These next 3 events though are a mix of muscle cars, tuners, and the aforementioned Group 2 GT. The last two events in the set have some fantastic tracks, the Okutama GP track at night in the rain in the tuner, and the incredible Yan' an Tunnel Run track in downtown Shanghai in GT Group 2, which is roughly 17% full speed tunnel racing. Between the darkness and the pouring rain, Okutama GP is very formidable to race. It's hard enough just to see the track edge lines in some of the faster turns, and the surface is very slippery, making some turns very difficult to maintain speed. I raced Yan' an in the Mustang GT4, and when it gets in the tunnel, I swear the sound reminded me a lot of that scene in Star Trek Into Darkness where there's a warp speed chase in a wormhole. The GT Group 2 event also includes the Sepang track in Malaysia at night in the rain, which is very difficult.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS