Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 132 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
  • Arkham Knight (2015) - almost 50% complete and really enjoying it (love Steam sales...)
  • Deliver Us the Moon - short game, simple puzzle/platformer
  • Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) - F-16C and AH-64D

What I really want is for Baldur's Gate 3 to be "complete" as I've run out of RPGs to play.

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Gears 5 multiplayer. Halo Infinite MP. Forza 5 with ray tracing looks unreal on my 3080 @ 3440/1440p. So many things to do. We are blessed!

been playing a lot less these passed few months.
still into Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and it's been tons of fun.
a couple bosses into Elden Ring currently fighting witch Rennala. Game is awesome though, just like any other From Software games i've played.

Elden Ring is awesome but it took me quite a few hours of roaming the first open area to develop decent fighting tactics. seems to be much harder than any of the Dark Souls games with a much more open map design.
maybe i designed a less optimized sort of character but even the first few types enemies encountered were seriously kicking my *ss for my first 10+ levels.

edithjc

BANNED
Dec 11, 2022
I'm a massive fan of Rockstar Games. Been playing the GTA series, RDR2, L.A. Noire, and Max Payne series. But if you ask me, my favourite is San Andreas. I could never get enough of that!

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Windtrace is a limited event in Genshin Impact where players play tag. There would be one "Hunter" and 3 "Rebels" in a map. If the Hunter catch all within 3 minutes, he wins. If one Rebel escape, then the rebels win. I'm a rebel in this video. Hugged the wall to survive. lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIh18IHvHdE

my position on the map on 3:24 was revealed, because the Hunter gained a "Favor". I ran into the hole to avoid getting cornered.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If you love HL2 and haven't played Entropy : Zero 2, i highly recommend it. It is simply a masterpiece. Being the bad guy for a change is quite a lot of fun :LOL:

capsule_616x353.jpg

Jan 29, 2023
Trying to enjoy the Dead Space remake but playing on an HDD is causing major problems so I just rush ordered a good SSD. Right now it's a stuttering mess and key items aren't spawning.

I'm also playing Goldeneye 007. Not the new Game Pass/NSO port, but the leaked ROM of the cancelled XBLA remaster.... with KB/M controls.

Ben_88

Honorable
Mar 14, 2016
Back to Fallout 4. Modding currently. Like so many other I have been playing Skyrim with hundreds of mods and it looks just as good as a modern title. Elden Ring I have played through 4 times and I finally put it down on the 5th play. Level 330 now and I'm the boss. I don't understand why bosses don't run from me in that game. They should. :D

Like so many other I have been playing Skyrim with hundreds of mods and it looks just as good as a modern title.
a year or so ago i tried to restart a new heavily modded playthrough of Skyrim but could not get the 1st person camera to work correctly.
no matter what i tried the camera seemed to be off place when in 1st person mode, centering more towards the wasteline of my character instead of higher up at the face.

currently just near to finishing up my original playthrough of Elden Ring.
~lvl 160 and probably 4/5 of the way through with a couple NPC quests, at least, to go.
has definitely been a great experience but i can't see doing 4-5 NG+ runs like it seems most From Software games are designed around.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Grim Dawn.

Only reason I am not playing it now is because I already played it all day and brain needs a break.

Supposedly testing new GPU but as it and CPU sat on 44c average all day, I don't think it tests it a lot.

c1c1op

Prominent
Feb 7, 2023
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 and 2 + Defiance
Assassin's Creed
Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-JQeBFSXC0

minor spoiler for those not familiar with Genshin Impact
Raiden is the ruler of the island nation of Inazuma. She is the main antagonist of the Inazuma arc of the game. However, she is not really a bad person. The goal of The Traveler (you, the player) is to convince her that what she's doing is bad for her people.

note: the large sword swinging from the sky is an instant death move if not blocked.

no use of food for heal. :)

played coop with a friend. Lare (her in-game name is lizette) used Lumine and Barbara. I use Nilou and Layla. Did not expect dendro to be quite effective against Raiden. Near the end, my net started to lag, sign that the prepaid card is about to run out. Thankfully, the boss fell before my internet died.

Last edited:

Hemispheres

Commendable
Jul 2, 2021
I've been playing the crysis remastered trilogy lately. Definitely fun and I'm surprised as can be that I'm seeing 50-60 fps at 1440p with this two year old laptop with a low powered GPU

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
sharing just one more Genshin Impact coop. :)
this time with my friend Aeriss. She's also a good friend irl.

here we fight Everlasting Lord of Arcane Wisdom. My friend use Wanderer and Shinobu, I use Layla and Nilou. this boss is not very hard, in the first part he can easily be stunned. Second part is more challenging, because he now moves around a lot. When he assumes the pose of a crucifix, it's an instant death move, and we need to break the pose before he throws the large lightning ball down.

View: https://youtu.be/9NaZkdsWfTk

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Been playing around with Hogwarts Legacy last few days. not sure if it's a normal thing now, but the Story mode setting is the greatest thing for an old geezer like me.

go through and experience the story without having to kill myself over and over in combat :)

enjoying the story so far and looking forward to the rest of it. who knows maybe i'll even go back and play it at a normal level to see what the real combat of the game is like. or maybe not. lol

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
not sure what settings the game chose for me. seen a lot of folks complain it takes a high end system for the game, but not sure what that's about. my 1650 super is not having any issues at 1080p.

i'm assuming it's that folks suffer from FOMO and lose sleep over a box not being checked in the settings.

it is an enjoyable story so far, even if i am only a couple hours into it.

Hemispheres

Commendable
Jul 2, 2021
Same here. I bought an RTX 3070 laptop with quad core GPU a couple of years back and caught so much flak on Reddit over my purchase. "Should've got a legion!!". "That GPU is weak compared to the 140W variant!" Just shut up and let me enjoy my laptop already.

Mod Edit - Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 9, 2022
Playing Sons of the Forest right now. Its still early access and its missing some stuff from the first game. But so far what I like the most is that is a sweet log cabin building simulator lol.

just got back to Elden Ring after quite some hiatus.
finally made it into the floating island city so somewhat towards the last bit of the game.

getting into Generation Zero recently.
very cool game design and play. reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games with a bit of modern Fallout-ish gameplay.

such a backlog of games it's starting to get to me.
Hogwarts Legacy, Dying Light 2, AC: Valhalla, Witcher 3(RT remake), Cyberpunk 2077(new content), Star Wars Squadrons, too many to list.
really anticipating getting Atomic Heart.

thinking of taking some time off work to play for a week straight but too much other crap around the house that needs to be done too...