Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 142 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

awake283

Great
Jun 23, 2024
No, I missed that one. I have it in my Steam library though. Maybe on PSN too. I'd have to check. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
You owe it to yourself if you enjoyed 4 even a teeny tiny bit to play NV. It's everything great about the franchise distilled to one game. Ironically, also the one in the series not made by Bethesda.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Playing the easiest Soulslike on the planet and people who like Soulslikes must be sadists. Steel Rising even ramped down just lacks fun for me. What I do like nearly universally about the types of games is the aesthetic and world designs.

That aside, I gave Atomic Heart another chance. Felt very shallow in terms of gameplay and no replay value. Also had to play with headphones so I wouldn't be questioned why a vending machine was s3xualizing my character. If you've played you know.

I think I mentioned Samurai Jack, that was a ton of fun.

Prey, which I didn't think I'd like is a great mystery action-shooter with mild jump scares until you learn to the mechanics.

Ghosts of Tsushims was technically and visually a treat though (and I'll never complain for a game having content), 100% it was fatiguing with not not enough variety but nevertheless recommended.

Rachet and Clank was a throwback to when games were games which was refreshing.

So I've been a busy bee but still working through my backlog. Not sure which will be next.

did actually get into Elden Ring again with the latest expansion, Shadow of the Erdtree, with a fresh character and once again around half-way through the game i'm just getting bored with the gameplay.
think i just get tired of the grinding combat.

started playing Marvel's Spider Man Remastered again and the game is still pretty cool.
another one that just seems to get boring though after button mashing for a few hours.
i would like to keep it around and just play every so often, but the flow of the game is something that seems to take some getting used to so each time i go back it takes some time again to get into smooth gameplay.

a new Starfield expansion is supposed to be coming in September and am really looking forward to getting into it again.
also looking forward to playing Fallout: London. just giving it a few months to work out all of the problems i keep reading about and update the mod some more.
and waiting for the new Star Wars: Outlaws to be out for a bit and see how it goes with updates, etc. hoping to see it plays as good as it looks and get into that sometime.

awake283

Great
Jun 23, 2024
Ghosts of Tsushims was technically and visually a treat though (and I'll never complain for a game having content), 100% it was fatiguing with not not enough variety but nevertheless recommended.

I will totally agree this is a complaint I had too. My first playthrough was over 75 hours (including Iki). On one hand for a single player game thats incredible, but the non-Iki islands have a lot of similar content by the end. But its such a minor complaint.

Reactions: SyCoREAPER

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
did actually get into Elden Ring again with the latest expansion, Shadow of the Erdtree, with a fresh character and once again around half-way through the game i'm just getting bored with the gameplay.
think i just get tired of the grinding combat.

started playing Marvel's Spider Man Remastered again and the game is still pretty cool.
another one that just seems to get boring though after button mashing for a few hours.
i would like to keep it around and just play every so often, but the flow of the game is something that seems to take some getting used to so each time i go back it takes some time again to get into smooth gameplay.

a new Starfield expansion is supposed to be coming in September and am really looking forward to getting into it again.
also looking forward to playing Fallout: London. just giving it a few months to work out all of the problems i keep reading about and update the mod some more.
and waiting for the new Star Wars: Outlaws to be out for a bit and see how it goes with updates, etc. hoping to see it plays as good as it looks and get into that sometime.
I've given up on Starfield. What made it playable were the mods and when mods stop getting updated on Nexus Mods, it pretty much means it's abandon by the community. Many are outdated and break the game.

Fallout London is definitely on my list but I'm waiting for that to mature a bit.

Outlaws I've pretty much seen mostly negative YouTube reviews of it not being what it was implied to be. At this point I'm glad I cancelled the preorder. And it's Ubisoft, who knows if or when they will fix it. They never fixed Jedi Survivor soo yeahhh, those two Jedi games are great though.
I will totally agree this is a complaint I had too. My first playthrough was over 75 hours (including Iki). On one hand for a single player game thats incredible, but the non-Iki islands have a lot of similar content by the end. But its such a minor complaint.
I played way out of order. Got to Iki early, Ronin beat the hell out of me and thank F multiple save slots, I was pissed. I thought long journey meant the quest was long not that I'd be stuck there, especially without the right gear. But yeah , very long but overall I enjoyed it and have been waiting for a PC port since I saw it. I like that it wasn't just Dynasty Warriors smack around enemies but probably if one were to clarify it as such, the most Souls-LITE that exists. Smooth and responsive combat, doging and parrying with rewards for good stealth, kills and parrys.

Tried playing Sekiro after but hated it. Normal enemies were tolerable but the dodge felt clunky and no matter how far away I dodged id get hit, so Ghosts spoiled me with a very good combat system.

awake283

Great
Jun 23, 2024
I just could NOT get into Elden Ring. The artistic style of the game just is not my thing. I also found the combat really delayed and I couldn't ever really get used to it. I much prefer the faster and more action oriented combat of GoT or Wukong. No matter how much I tried to force it with Elden Ring I couldnt get past the vibes and imo unbearably slow and delayed combat. Also even the UI is ugly. I definitely dont think its a bad game, its just not MY kind of game....the entire game is ugly. Sorry for the hot take. :D