Discussion What's your MOST favorite MUSIC GENRE ? **currently playing song on your device** ?

Page 79 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
My favourite genre at the moment is country.

Don't ask me why but some reason my favourite song at the moment is Achy Breaky Heart🤣
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc

I'm always glad to hear about other's taste ! Country Music is indeed good TBH. Welcome to this Music thread btw ! I'm open to all genres of Music and everyone has gonna have their own taste and a reason to prefer any particular genre.

Mine has always been METAL/ROCK, though if my mood changes, I prefer other genres as well. Sometimes hard, and other times Soft music. :)

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Hi all,

First off, I apologize if a similar thread/topic has already been created before, though I couldn't find one while searching the forums, so that's why I just want to create a NEW Topic. A fresh one.

As per Off-topic forum rules, I would very much like to start this new thread, based solely on MUSIC. I hope this is OK ?

MUSIC is what makes me keep alive each day, and I really can't live without it. So you too can post your favorite song, band, and the kind of Music you usually listen to, if you wish.

Which SONG, or MUSIC do you mostly like to listen ? It can be just anything. It can be the latest song being played on your current gadget, or the song/music you mostly love to hear, when you get time. Just anything, even your favorite Game/movie soundtrack !

As a MUSICIAN myself I appreciate all music genres.

My friends, and myself as a BAND, we are mostly into ROCK and METAL (extreme), but I appreciate all genres of MUSIC, be it POP, Classical, Jazz, BLUES, Country, Folk etc. Anyways, I really appreciate good/clean music, be it any genre. So kindly allow me to start:

Guardian Angel
, by Yngwie Malmsteen. Genre: Neo-classical metal, Instrumental Rock. This song is pure BLISS ! Yngwie is a Guitar/shredding GOD.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prEtWxsKe3U

images

Here I Go Again, by Whitesnake. Genre: PURE Heavy Metal, Rock, Hard/Glam Rock.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDqj8lclWA

I really love this Norwegian band, SIRENIA. Genre: Symphonic/Gothic Metal. "Morten Veland" is a true Norwegian musician !

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7_0HIUK2Q
A little country, a little rock and roll.

A little country, a little rock and roll.
WOW nice music room(Guitar Collection ) you have there.
Nice little home music studio to boot!

Quite a few years back our drummer shows up with what he called his "beater". his first guitar from a pawn shop from his late teens.
He opens the case and my jaw hit the floor.
His beater is a great condition 1943 Gibson Southern Jumbo Flat top. Really rare.🤤
Had no Idea what he had.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Not really a surprise, how old are they?
Why keep touring if you can't sing anymore? Looks at Jon Bon Jovi.... David Coverdale. They should just accept you can't do it anymore, and stop fooling fans by miming.

Not really a surprise, how old are they?
Why keep touring if you can't sing anymore? Looks at Jon Bon Jovi.... David Coverdale. They should just accept you can't do it anymore, and stop fooling fans by miming.
I agree.
I'm 61 going on 13......
Age is a mindset.
So is size.
I can no longer take the long hours of working and playing. I have been a sound man/roadie/ security most of my life.
Does not take away the desire to do so though
I still build/remodel/ additions on upper end custom homes. Not you typical subdivision/neighborhood type homes.
Which is my other passion that pays the bills to allow my music passion.
We just installed custom white upper cabinets and walnut built in computer desk/music studio lower cabinets in this home basement. Made a nice small home studio set up.
The house is famous, and I am not revealing any private client information.
https://www.agentsofarch.com/home/the-future-1-house-by-architect-richard-seedorf

Colif

Win 11 Master
Their voice is their instrument and very few people can maintain it for a long time. There will be exceptions to that rule. the ones people point out to show its possible. But vast majority will find it not possible to reach the high notes.

This version sung by original artist is different to how original sounded, as its recorded 36 years later:

Original:
99% of vocalists can''t reach the notes they hit in their youth. Its just how it is. Another example could have been one of the lead singers of Helloween can't sing the notes as long as he once could. Still a good singer but the songs just aren't sung same way anymore.

Its easier for players of other instruments to keep going into their late age, as you can replace their instruments with newer ones. But singers are reliant on biology and as yet can't replace their vocal chords.