Discussion What's your MOST favorite MUSIC GENRE ? **currently playing song on your device** ?

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
At first, it was just New Age. You know, "Yanni", "Kitaro", etc.

Then I started to enjoy Pop music. I usually listen to Alessia Cara, Josh Groban, Ed Sheeran, One Direction songs. :)

For K-pop, I listen to 태연. There is this song by the name of "Drawing our moments" from her which I keep listening to it over and over. I have listened to this song for over 40 times now. And, not just this one, also other tacks of her album, more or less.

When it comes to Alternative music, I like the album "Hope" from "The Strumbellas".

I just can't stand Hard Rock, Metal, or some types of electronic music. They're too loud, noisy, sometimes creepy and my ears don't like them and can't get used to them. Soft Rock is excluded.

Jazz is funny, but it's not my thing. Neither Rap, nor Hip Hop.

Oldies? Paul Anka! His song "Papa" is outstanding or shall I say, was outstanding back then?

What else? I guess these are all I have in mind for now.

Last edited:
I know someone that is absolutely obsessed with kpop. Has pictures of kpop artist on their phone and all kinds of stuff.

I can't get it.

Personally i just cannot stand modern pop or kpop.

Some older maroon 5 and older rap like eminem and jayz are just way better imo.

Reactions: mkaafy
I know someone that is absolutely obsessed with kpop. Has pictures of kpop artist on their phone and all kinds of stuff.

I can't get it.

Personally i just cannot stand modern pop or kpop.

Some older maroon 5 and older rap like eminem and jayz are just way better imo.

If you look at the production value of a kpop video and the dancing and singing compared to what we have here it's not hard to understand why Kpop is doing a killing right now around the world.

I understand that you might not get it but have you looked at them? It's refreshing. You can see more creativity too.

People are tired of seeing Adam Levine and his tattoos. When you see a group of 7 peoples all dancing in sync while having major vocals in a MV full of colors and with a deep story behind it with amazing communities it's not too hard to see why it's a refreshing change.

Last edited:
If you look at the production value of a kpop video and the dancing and singing compared to what we have here it's not hard to understand why Kpop is doing a killing right now around the world.

I understand that you might not get it but have you looked at them? It's refreshing. You can see more creativity too.
The production quality is very good, but that doesn't make up for the actual music.All male singers sound virtually the same in pop anymore. Maroon 5 is about the only one i like.

Just watched one of the music videos, sorry, my motley crue is going back on.

Music enthusiasts! A quick question
How different is 80s music from 90s?
Interesting question.

Much of the 90s was electronic music. The 80s had electronic music (remember synths became popular then) but the music wasn't as electronic focused.

The first song i think of when you say "90s"
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwVxXEYrgZk

First song i think of when you say "80s"
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

not the same genre, but i think most songs in the 90s were like this

Colif

Win 11 Master
80's was still getting over disco and electronic music was just starting to go big.
Its funny, when I think of the 1980's I think of something like

Techno went mad in the 1990's though

Grunge flared up in the early 1990's

both decades seem to merge in my brain so I am not sure which is which. looking through my music library, I don't have much in the 1990's... its mainly because back then I mostly bought tapes and I don't have any of those anymore. .. something i regret. The albums I do have make me wonder who I was back then :)

unrelated
Ozzy's life

Last edited:

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Dubstep, definetly dubstep.

Mostly: Ace Aura, Dr. Ozi, The Brig, Chime, Trampa, Oddprophet, Flite, Spag Heddy, LAXX, Camellia and Crankdat.

When I'm in the mood, gabber, hardstyle and frenchcore (sometimes a bit hardcore) will work too.