Question WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod (with minidump), HELP!

Nov 29, 2020
Hello, I own a Lenovo Y540 with i7-9750h, RTX 2060 and 16gb ram, 512gb SSD + external SSD (Samsung QVO 1tb).
While I play I get the aforementioned BSOD and the minidump analysis is always the same (I'll put it at the end of the post).

I'm playing with a mild undervolt (-200 core and -120 cache) and limited turbo ratios in order to avoid temps skyrocketing and right now HWInfo64 tells me that CPU average temps are around 73/74° and also the GPU stays pretty cool.

I had the problem happening a lot some weeks ago, then I tried selectively deactivating some hardware and deactivating the bluetooth module seemed to do the trick, had no BSODs for two weeks. Meanwhile I also changed the external SSD case with a better one, just to be sure.

But yesterday it came again, this damn blue screen that freezes everything (with the audio stuck with the note that was playing). Before I have to send the laptop back to Lenovo to check, I tried to do the Lenovo Vantage Hardware Quick Scan and everything seems ok. I also updated every driver with Lenovo Vantage and also the Intel tool. I did also some checkings like I read from Windows forums, like scandisks and system files check, everything is ok there too.

I'm seriously out of ideas.

Minidump screenshot

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
weisskatzen Laptop Tech Support 6

ASK THE COMMUNITY