Question "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" if i don't set an high VCore Offset

Apr 20, 2022
Hi, i am here because i have a serious problem that i can't solve

I get a BSOD "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" if i don't overclock my CPU with Vcore Offset (i have to put it to +1.35v).
It happens randomly but expecially when gaming.

- With this Vcore Offset of +1.35v, i don't get any BSOD, so i resolved this problem, but i get very high CPU temperatures when gaming (i tried FIFA 22/Cod Warzone), from 95 to 100 °C.
In idle or when using it with +1.35v, i have 45-60 °C.

- I changed the CPU Cooler Fan (i never used the stock one) and i reapplied the thermal paste and i tried to see if the CPU was loose, but the temp decreased only in idle or when using it for normal tasks.
I also removed all the dust from PC, it's not a dust problem.

- Because of the high temperatures i had a freeze with a complete white screen yesterday while playing FIFA 22, and a burning smell from the case of the PC, so i am not gaming anymore if i don't solve the problem.
By the way i am lucky that the pc works perfectly now and nothing happens if i use it for everything except gaming.

- I also tried to disable C-States, but if i reset the Vcore Offset i get the BSOD again when gaming or doing tasks.

- I analyzed one of the minidump files and it's a "GenuineIntel.sys" error:
(MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel
IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel.sys
STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_0_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR__UNKNOWN_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys)

-I analyzed one of the Blue Screens with BlueScreenView and the files that have errors are "ntoskrnl.exe" and "PSHED.dll"

- I did an Intel Processor Diagnostic and it passed without errors,
I did also a memtest and it passed without errors.

-I sincerely don't know what i can do and what could be the problem. I just can think of a CPU/Ram/Mobo incompatibility or a PSU problem, but i used this pc for years and i had no problems at all.

-My PC Specs (i assembled it in 2015):
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 (rev 1.1) -> i have the latest bios F8d
RAM: Kingston Beast 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-2400 CL11 Memory
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4 GB Video Card
PSU: Vultech GS-800w
STORAGE: SSD 1 (C Drive) -> Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120 GB 2.5
HDD 1 (D Drive) -> Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB 3.5 5400 RPM
SSD 2 (E Drive) -> Samsung 860 QVO 1 TB 2.5
CASE: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower

What can i do, and what could be the problem? I am going crazy trying to solve this, i want to play without being stuck on 100°C or getting white screens and burning smells, and i want to be able to don't push my CPU Vcore so much to be able to use my PC without BSOD.

TRENDING THREADS