[SOLVED] When buying NAS, is it better to get one that supports btrfs?

Solution
If you were me, would you spend more to buy a NAS with Btrfs?
From QNAP, on BTRFS:

Challenges of using Btrfs for NAS applications

"Btrfs has greater I/O latency. In the same testing environment, file transfer via Samba with the ext4-using QNAP NAS is 61.5% faster than another brand’s NAS that uses Btrfs. In the benchmark report from Phoronix, a leading technology website for Linux hardware reviews, it reveals a similar test result. "

USAFRet

Titan
If you were me, would you spend more to buy a NAS with Btrfs?
From QNAP, on BTRFS:

Challenges of using Btrfs for NAS applications

"Btrfs has greater I/O latency. In the same testing environment, file transfer via Samba with the ext4-using QNAP NAS is 61.5% faster than another brand’s NAS that uses Btrfs. In the benchmark report from Phoronix, a leading technology website for Linux hardware reviews, it reveals a similar test result. "

Solution
At my last readings on Btrfs a couple years ago, it was only considered stable in RAID 1, and was to be avoided in RAID5/6...(not sure if a 0+1 was/is working for production)

It would seem more economical to just have 2-3 copies of important data on separate drives, vice effectively wasting the cost of a NAS to accomplish the same thing.

If a stable/safe 'copy-on-write' file system is desired, you can always make your own with some quality drives, a PC to put them in, and TrueNAS using ZFS.