[SOLVED] When I installed a 3070 my motherboard beeped 3 times.

Dec 9, 2020
Hello, So I upgraded from 1050 ti to rtx 3070 (hella upgrade) my pc is running fine and im playing games and its all good but why it beeps 3 times every time I boot it up? Is it the power supply? Is it the ram? According to MSI webpage 3 beeps means memory failure so I tried removing one stick and putting only one stick in my 4th slot (which i never used this slot before) the pc beeps 3 LONG BEEBS (not 3 short beeps like before) and it turns off then turns back on beeps 3 long times turns off turns back on by itself etc..
I have a bad brand PSU but I want to know is it from the PSU or the RAM? And if its the PSU should I continue using my PC? will it damage my new rtx 3070?

my PSU is: Xigmatek 700w shogun bronze
cpu: Ryzen 1700x oc to 3.6ghz (I know my cpu is bottlenecking the gpu) going to upgrade to a better one later.
ram: 2x 8gb Hyperx predator 2933mhz CL15 oc to 3200mhz
2 ssd's 1 HDD
120mm water cooler from coolermaster
X370 MSI GAMING PLUS

does having a lot of stuff connected (like rgb mouse, rgb keyboard, mic, headphones) consume that much of power that it could lead to system failure?

Solution
Probably related to this, which is caused by all 30 series cards, apparently.
The solution was to disable CSM, or Compatibility Support Mode, in bios.
Dec 9, 2020
Probably related to this, which is caused by all 30 series cards, apparently.
The solution was to disable CSM, or Compatibility Support Mode, in bios.
OMG IT WORKED! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH! I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT MATE!
holy moly i thought something is wrong with my pc turns out I just had to enable windows 10 WHQL in the BIOS menu and it automatically disables CSM.
Thanks again mate you're a life saver!

Dec 9, 2020
You're welcome!
The beeping came back! When I boot up my pc sometimes it beeps sometimes it don't (but most of the time it beeps). I had a blue screen one time. my pc freezes (rarely but it did happen a couple of times) while in-game and crashes my game (rainbow six siege) temps are good but my cpu is bottlenecking the gpu 1700x with rtx 3070. I get around %45 gpu usage and %80 cpu usage while playing siege.
when i had 1050 ti no beeps no crashes nothing, Like what's wrong?
I have a bad brand 700w power supply bronze. could it be the problem?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It should beep at least once: the signature chime for POST(Power On Self Test).

Since you did experience a BSOD, I suggest trying out WhoCrashed Home Edition: https://www.resplendence.com/downloads
It may be able to tell you what caused it.

Another thing you can do: Run Msi Afterburner, and experiment with lower power limit settings to see if you can reproduce the crash. 90%, 80%, 70%... something like that.
The available range appears to vary between cards.

I'm about to hit the hay, so I won't be on any longer.

Dec 9, 2020
I have POST turned off but I turned it back on and it beeped once so we're good. But the boot menu won't let me change it to legacy I have a picture here: View: https://imgur.com/a/XxINiX9

I tried missing around with the options above from (disabled to enabled etc..) to unlock the option for changing the boot but nothing worked I will try to power limit my gpu and see what happens.
now the beep is gone I will update the thread if anything happens. Thank you so much I appreciate it.

Dec 9, 2020
It still beeps again! I ran WhoCrashed and there was a report the day I bought RTX 3070 it says:
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
I still can't change it to legacy mode, is there any alternative solutions?