Question When my gpu reach 60C í sometimes get a power cut

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
So basically i have a limited electricity in my house , when i play a game like pubg or like any other heavy game , sometimes i get power cut i noticed that when my gpu temp reach like 60 to 67 , i currently get power cuts twice a day , but i got a ups so it can atleast protect it but i feel like its useless , anyway my real question is can i cap my gpu to 60 temp or should i play with the settings abit ? Like msi afterburner or so, and would that affect my gaming fps ? If so how to do it so everytime i get a power cut my ups would restart my pc or atleast keep the pc on while gaming , i hope a quick respond from you guys , thanks in advance

Cpu i7 6700k
Gtx 970
Powersupply cougar 500w
Ram 16 gb
Windows 10

Ralston18

Titan
That Cougar PSU: how old? Original to build, new, used, refurbished?

History of heavy gaming use - correct?

What UPS did you get? Size?

UPSs are intended to provide just enough time to permit users' to gracefully shutdown the system when power is lost. Not to keep gaming. Which is likely to be moot anyway if modem, router, etc. are being affected by power problems or power loss.

And UPS's can provide some protection as measured in Joules. However each power hit will reduce the available protection and eventually there will be no protection left.

Also, if other surge protectors and/or power strips are being used that can be problematic. Check the UPS's User Guide/Manual for permitted/supported configurations. If any....

In any case, all important data should be regularly backed up to at least 2 x locations away from the computer in question. Verify that the data is recoverable and readable.

Summary: To keep the computer and peripherals running beyond the UPS supported time you will need a generator of some sort.

Again that may be moot if the power problems and outages also take down your ISP/internet service.

Breaking431

Reputable
May 4, 2021
That Cougar PSU: how old? Original to build, new, used, refurbished?

History of heavy gaming use - correct?

What UPS did you get? Size?

UPSs are intended to provide just enough time to permit users' to gracefully shutdown the system when power is lost. Not to keep gaming. Which is likely to be moot anyway if modem, router, etc. are being affected by power problems or power loss.

And UPS's can provide some protection as measured in Joules. However each power hit will reduce the available protection and eventually there will be no protection left.

Also, if other surge protectors and/or power strips are being used that can be problematic. Check the UPS's User Guide/Manual for permitted/supported configurations. If any....

In any case, all important data should be regularly backed up to at least 2 x locations away from the computer in question. Verify that the data is recoverable and readable.

Summary: To keep the computer and peripherals running beyond the UPS supported time you will need a generator of some sort.

Again that may be moot if the power problems and outages also take down your ISP/internet service.
Thank u for ur reply, i got the cougar from amazon 1.5 years ago , new , the ups is not as powefuly it is fanshine 700va ,not much an expert when it comes to power cut and pc shuts down and stuff, well i had alot of disconnect and reconnect loop everytime there will be a power cut, that is still happening till this day 2 years till now internet loop i meant , but thats a really good information tho took from u , also i just wonder if i make the gpu temp cap or power limit , i felt that it will not make my pc turn off due to power cut , and btw forgot to mention that , when i have a power cut which im used to it cuz i live in a country full of power cuts , when my pc in idle not doing heavy game on it , my pc would still be on for a couple minutes

Ralston18

Titan
If the incoming power is completely out (black out) or low voltage (brown out) all you need is the UPS to provide enough power just long enough to get the system properly shutdown.

This UPS?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Fanshine-High-Power-UPS-700VA-850VA_1600229207973.html

As I understand your posts & specs thus far the Fanshine UPS will provide only 2 -3 minutes support for a basic computer setup: PC and monitor only.

No workarounds etc. regarding CPU temperatures or power limits.

Start by learning more about UPS devices. Google "UPS Size Calculator".

Then revise the search criterial as applicable to your situation and requirements.

Be aware that many UPS "time claims" are likely based on ideal situations in lab environments.

And many vendors/manufacturers tend to steer users into more expensive options.

Plus there may be limited product options available as a result of where you live (not asking).

The important objective being to protect your devices from power related damages and minimize data loss and file corruption when the system unexpectedly does lose full power.

Reactions: Breaking431

TRENDING THREADS