Question Whenever I install the drivers for my Asus RX-580 OC it starts flashing black and white stripes. Please help.

Mar 16, 2019
A couple of weeks ago I got the parts for my first PC. When I had finished bulding it there was an issue with the GPU where whenever I plugged it in the PC wouldn't start and would intead short out. I went and got that checked out and apparently there was a piece of metal short circuting the GPU. When I got the computer back I started it up and it was acting really weird since it would have random frame drops and occasionaly freeze. I assumed this was because I didn't have the drivers installed yet so I went on AMD's website and installed the drivers. As soon as the driver installation was complete my it starts flashing in black and white stripes. I turned it off and plugged in the HDMI to my motherboard and checked what would happen if I uninstalled the drivers and installed them again. Same thing there it just started flashing in black and white stiripes. I don't want to go to the store again since it's quite far from where i live but if it happens to be a hardware issue I guess I will have no other choice. I really have no clue on how to fix this so if anyone has any idea please let me know, any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks!