Question Where can I buy Windows 11 Pro Full retail version?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sluggotg

Honorable
Feb 17, 2019
I am building 3 new Alder Lake computers. I thought maybe I should make one of them a Windows 11 build just to try it out. I have been searching everywhere for a Full Retail Version of Windows 11 Pro. Not an Upgrade, not an OEM version. To my surprise, I cannot find it at legit retailers, (like Newegg etc). I spent the last 45 minutes in endless webpage loops on Microsoft's site trying to find a place to buy it. You can't! Microsoft's site just tells you to upgrade from within Windows 10. (Like I am going to Buy Windows 10, install it on one of my new builds then "Upgrade" it to Windows 11). Microsoft's site also tries to link me to various computer vendors to see if I can buy one from them and Upgrade to Windows 11.
Maybe I am just Old and Confused, or I just have a really Low Forehead. ( It happens). If anyone has any ideas let me know. As of right now, I will install Win 10 pro on two of them. Wait a few weeks and if I can't find the Win 11 Pro Full, I will put Win 10 Pro on the last one. ( I do like Win 10, It works well enough).

Feb 17, 2022
был
Вы можете запускать неактивированное программное обеспечение в ознакомительных целях.
Лицензионное соглашение для Windows не ограничивает время для оценки.
Следовательно, вы можете запускать Windows (10 и 11) неактивированными
У меня есть тестовая установка Win 10 Pro, установленная на виртуальной машине, которой чуть больше 6 лет.
Впервые встал 8 декабря 2016.
Ни разу не активировал, не переустанавливал.
До сих пор работает нормально, в неактивированном состоянии.

Что касается переноса лицензии... Win 10/11 существенно отличается от предыдущей.
Если это не OEM, предварительно установленный одним из крупных производителей (Dell/HP/etc), лицензия Win 10 почти наверняка может быть перенесена на новое оборудование.

MS даже излагает процедуру для этого.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Покупка лицензии Win 10 для активации совершенно новой установки Win 11 работает отлично.
Or using an otherwise unused Win 8.1 license to activate a new Win 10 install.
Everything that you state is taken from practice and I understand this. And, moreover, I, like you, state the same thing in the Microsoft Community, but consultants and moderators oppose all this and say that "you can't do this. You must buy a Windows 10 license and upgrade to Windows 11." And while they say that Windows 11 will retain its status as a retail system (with the right to transfer), "at least until the end of the Free Upgrade Promotion."

USAFRet

Titan