Question where can i get the screw for the m.2?

Jan 31, 2020
I have a H110m-e/m.2 asus micro atx board and just bought the 970 evo but seems i have no screw and none in a little bag either. I cant seem to find a screw for it and asus support has left me dry as for help!! Can anyone help me as i dont know the size or where to get on at. Thanks in advance!!

a motherboard stand off and screw will work if needed

That depends, highly, on the standoff. Standoffs are a variety of different sizes and thread pitches. A standoff that works for one motherboard may not work for another. The motherboard tray and rear I/O location distance is not the same for every case. Some even have raised locations for the mounting standoffs which results in a much shorter standoff that for other cases. If it is a standoff that is the same height as the standoff needed for the specific M.2 drive location in the motherboard, then sure. Otherwise, not so much. Also, the screw from most standoffs will not be the same as most M.2 drive screws. Always be sure to check the exact thread size, length and pitch, before trying to use.

That depends, highly, on the standoff. Standoffs are a variety of different sizes and thread pitches. A standoff that works for one motherboard may not work for another. The motherboard tray and rear I/O location distance is not the same for every case. Some even have raised locations for the mounting standoffs which results in a much shorter standoff that for other cases. If it is a standoff that is the same height as the standoff needed for the specific M.2 drive location in the motherboard, then sure. Otherwise, not so much. Also, the screw from most standoffs will not be the same as most M.2 drive screws. Always be sure to check the exact thread size, length and pitch, before trying to use.
i agree with everything you said, more of a solution in a pinch