JukusMaximus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
I can't seem to find NVIDIA control panel anywhere on the internet and a lot of my games use my integrated card instead of GeForce one. I am using Win-7 64 bit, and apparently the only NVIDIA support I could find online was for Win-10 users. I know that Win-7 is no longer supported, but I had it just before I reinstalled Win-7 and now I can't do anything without it honestly. Help please

Solution
Update 2: so I contacted Nvidia support, and they helped me out, and we've resolved the issue. The thing was, the driver I was trying to download was way ahead of what my hardware was supposed to handle (or be handled by). So I asked them for legacy driver, one that, from my knowledge, cannot be found without the help from Nvidia and it worked, so problem solved, got GeForce experience (however it's not working for now, but I don't believe this is a big deal), Nvidia control panel that works almost perfectly, and my processor is running smoothly, so all good. By the way: Nvidia's support was great, I did wait in 3 queues, instead of 1, but when the support agent finally "arrived" he was professional, knowledgable, patient and curteous...
Nvidia control panel is included in the Nvidia GPU driver installer from https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx. You don't need Geforce Experience installed to use the control panel and Geforce experience is an optional install from the GPU installer.

Edit - This is the newest Windows 7 International installer for Nvidia GPUs. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/166623/en-us You will have to download the legacy installer for anything older than the 600 series cards (like GTX 660 or GT 640).

Reactions: sizzling

JukusMaximus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
I tried installing GeForce experience, but it was no good, it just bumped into an error, troubleshooting led to absolutely nothing so that failed. It is a laptop, and yes, it's plugged in/high performance etc.
As for GeForce experience and NVIDIA control panel: I used both before reinstalling my Windows (yesterday), however it says that I am using Intel graphics, which might be a mistake on my part (got this information from dxdiag>display>device name), so I'm totally confused. I know a thing or two about PCs, but I am no expert. Also how do I know whether or not my GPU is older than the 600 series?

I tried installing GeForce experience, but it was no good, it just bumped into an error, troubleshooting led to absolutely nothing so that failed. It is a laptop, and yes, it's plugged in/high performance etc.
As for GeForce experience and NVIDIA control panel: I used both before reinstalling my Windows (yesterday), however it says that I am using Intel graphics, which might be a mistake on my part (got this information from dxdiag>display>device name), so I'm totally confused. I know a thing or two about PCs, but I am no expert. Also how do I know whether or not my GPU is older than the 600 series?
What is the model of the laptop? Once we know what your GPU is, you will need to download the notebook driver instead of the desktop driver I linked.

JukusMaximus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
This should be the correct driver installer for your laptop. It appears to be either Geforce GT 820M or GT 920M. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/145873/en-us
Hey, so I tried installing all of the above, one by one, and once again, an error, this time:
"NVIDIA driver cannot continue
This NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of windows. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

Did you just, potentially, suggest me the wrong drivers, or is it something else?

Hey, so I tried installing all of the above, one by one, and once again, an error, this time:
"NVIDIA driver cannot continue
This NVIDIA driver is not compatible with this version of windows. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

Did you just, potentially, suggest me the wrong drivers, or is it something else?
You said you have Windows 7 64bit. The driver I linked is for laptop (notebook) Geforce GPUs and intended for Windows 7 64bit and Windows 8/8.1 64bit. The only reasons it would be the wrong driver is because you are actually on Windows 10 or you gave me the wrong laptop model.

Download this Windows 10 64bit version of the notebook drive i previously linked. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/145874/en-us

Hmm if you are indeed running Win10 (didn't realise for whatever reason), you get NvidiaCP from Ms store now. Win7 doesn't have such thing so Nvidia wouldn't discontinue control panel as part of it's Win7 driver package.
I had to look this up, I had no idea Nvidia removed the CP from the installer because of the new driver Declarative Componentized Hardware Support App (DCH) requirement by Microsoft from a year ago. I updated to the newest Nvidia desktop Game Ready driver less than a week ago and had no issue with the control panel missing, but I just updated the driver without removing my settings, because I didn't have time to reconfigure everything with a fresh install.

So knowing this now, this is likely the OPs issue. Likely having windows 10 installed through Windows update without realizing it and being forced to update something that worked perfectly fine before. This new DCH requirement is yet another reason for me not to use Windows 10 or to distrust anything that is seemingly innocent or harmless from Microsoft.

JukusMaximus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
So an update from my part: With a help of a friend I found the right NVIDIA driver, however still same error, and I am in fact using Win7 (I know what I installed), he'll help me do something with netframework (I don't know a single thing about it, and we'll see how it goes, if anything comes to mind, please, by all means, share with me, I am really desperate here. I dislike Win10 and really don't want to "upgrade", Win7 was and still is my personal favourite.

JukusMaximus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
Update 2: so I contacted Nvidia support, and they helped me out, and we've resolved the issue. The thing was, the driver I was trying to download was way ahead of what my hardware was supposed to handle (or be handled by). So I asked them for legacy driver, one that, from my knowledge, cannot be found without the help from Nvidia and it worked, so problem solved, got GeForce experience (however it's not working for now, but I don't believe this is a big deal), Nvidia control panel that works almost perfectly, and my processor is running smoothly, so all good. By the way: Nvidia's support was great, I did wait in 3 queues, instead of 1, but when the support agent finally "arrived" he was professional, knowledgable, patient and curteous, I was so pleased!

Solution