Question Where does this cable go??

Aug 31, 2022
My Y4-N6-BW Mesh ATX Musetex Case came preinstalled with a few cables for the fans that came preinstalled. However, it came with one cable called "LED" and I have no idea where to put it. It's responsible for changing the rgb for the fans but I can't just leave it hanging there. Anyone suggestsions?

Aug 31, 2022
perhaps you plug it into the RGB Hub on backplate of Case?

It doesn't help Musetex don't even appear to have a manual for the case and you have to guess from photos
https://www.musetex.com/products/y4-n6-bw-mesh-atx-gaming-case
I wouldn't plug it into MB just in case it shorts it... not without knowing for sure.
Well that would be like plugging it into itself
And I don't want to short my parts so ig no rgb
Thanks though

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Newegg has this footnote:
  • Button ControlThere are 19 modes of ARGB lighting effects. Press the LED button on the I/O panel to easily switch the ARGB fan light. (Press the LED button twice to return to the original model)
  • Motherboard Control.Connect the 5V 3Pin ARGB header to motherboard, you can control the fans through the ARGB software of the motherboard.Musetex motherboard cable only suitable for 5V 3PIN header. (press the button for three seconds to switch to motherboard mode).If your motherboard is a 12V 4PIN header, please only use the button control. (Or buy an adapter cable.)"
https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-031R-000K9

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Musetex motherboard cable only suitable for 5V 3PIN header. (press the button for three seconds to switch to motherboard mode).If your motherboard is a 12V 4PIN header, please only use the button control. (Or buy an adapter cable.)"

And then the motherboard or fans smoke. There is NO adapter cable to change 5v ARGB fans to 12v RGB, period. What are they thinking?

The LED cable goes to jrain header for 3pin ARGB. If your motherboard does not support ARGB and only supports 4pin RGB (they are Very different systems) then the LED cable either connects to the case button, or is just an extra cable to bypass the button when in motherboard mode with an ARGB header. My guess would be the other end is already connected to the button.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech